The new CONTOUR™DIABETES app syncs with the CONTOUR®NEXT ONE smart meter for seamless blood glucose (BG) monitoring. This easy-to-use app can give you a better understanding of how your daily activities affect your BG results to help you manage your diabetes.
Most people with diabetes know that logging blood glucose (BG) results after taking blood samples can be inconvenient and time-consuming. But now, with the new CONTOUR DIABETES app, you can easily and conveniently capture all your BG readings to help you manage your diabetes, smarter.
The CONTOUR DIABETES app presents your BG results in a simple and easy-to-review way that’s personalized to you.
Download the CONTOUR DIABETES app today, so you can receive meaningful information on how you are progressing, with some of the latest easy-to-use features…
• My Patterns – helps you identify trends in your blood glucose results and notifies you of potential causes to help you understand your diabetes in a new light
• Test Reminder Plans – let you optimize your testing regime to give you results that are more insightful
• Record – events such as diet, activities and medication, and also add photos, notes or voice memos to help put your results in context
• View – if you use insulin and/or log your carbs, you can now see your insulin doses, carb intakes and blood glucose results in one simple view
• Share – give your healthcare professional greater insight with the easy-to-read diary report – send this report in advance or take it with you on the day of your appointment
• Apple Health – Apple Health is now integrated with the Contour Diabetes App
Learn more about the new CONTOUR NEXT ONE meter and CONTOUR DIABETES app at:
Note: Screenshots are for illustration purposes. Availability of blood glucose meter model based on country of purchase. Units of measurement in the app will match that of your synced meter. For more information please refer to your CONTOUR NEXT ONE meter user guide.
© 2018 Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG. All rights reserved.
Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG
Peter Merian-Strasse 90
4052 Basel, Switzerland
Ascensia, the Ascensia Diabetes Care logo and Contour are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements
Apple Health is now integrated with the Contour Diabetes App.
Ratings and Reviews
How can an iOS app that is exclusively health related not integrate with Apple HealthKit. I would understand if HealthKit relatively new, but after four years I’m pretty sure the app developers have had plenty of time to figure out how to get data into and out of HealthKit. The only explanations at this point are laziness, lack of focus, or a lack of ability.
Overall, the app seems dated. The graphs and charts do not do a particularly good job of showing trends, and everything feels like an app from the 3GS days (right down to the old style keyboard). The app does do a good job of grabbing readings from the monitor, but I probably would have gone for a different brand (or at least no upgraded to the app enabled model) had I known how bad the app was. So now I use this app to capture my readings and then manually log my readings to another, more useful app that does have HealthKit integration, which pretty much defeats the purpose of automatic logging.
I would suggest the company either invest in some new developers or outsource app development to someone that can make meaningful updates in a timely manner. Just adding HealthKit integration and granting me the ability to automatically get my data out of this app and into something useful would go a long way. As it stands right now this app is so bad I’m willing to pay out of pocket for test strips to get a better experience.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about our CONTOUR DIABETES app and the integration with Apple HealthKit. We want to assure you that we are listening to you and others who have requested this feature, and are working to have our app connect to Apple HealthKit. We just can't say when it will be available. Sorry to all our users that this feature is not yet part of the app. Please keep checking the app for updates in the future.
Connect with Health Data
Dear Sir or Madam, I was hoping that the Contour next one with blue tooth would be able to export data to other apps. Especially the “health data” app aka known as that heart icon. Because being able to import to where I need the data helps with transposing numbers etc. Example Glucose reading of 105 versus 501. When one has dylexia it just gets harder. I use a program called diabetes pilot which not only tracks the glucose, buts help calculate the insulin shots. I also am getting ready for a Dexcom tracking meter, but still requires “calibrating” twice a day. Dexcom pulls the data through the Heart health ap. What I am trying to do is have better control. It also pulls data from a program called nutritionist which helps calculate the insulin for meals. Which as you know can cause the great swings of glucose numbers. Your system must think I am a robot. I can put in a specific time but to remind after a meal needs to be simpler. Because I can plan to have lunch at 12:30 but due to “life”I May not get a break until 1:15 pm. So the rest of the readings of the day need to change. And with ADD, I can get distracted too darn easy. But yours is a start but needs lots of refinement. The first thing I suggest is the integration with the “health” data ap which comes preloaded on every iphone and I pad. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We are dedicated to the continued development of the CONTOUR®DIABETES app. We are constantly listening to patients and healthcare professionals who use our systems and will consider your feedback in our ongoing development of new features that are designed to meet the needs of our customers.
There are so many areas where this app appears to be written by developers who have no idea about what diabetics need in an app. My top two complaints (and I've reported these and others to the Tech Support department over the phone) are the following:
- Entering long acting insulin can only be entered tagged to a BG reading. This is not how long acting insulin is used. It needs tone able to be entered as its own event. This problem was reported a long time ago and it's still not fixed. Come on guys and girls, this is not rocket science. I've been writing software for 40+ years... it ain't that hard!
- With the Contour Next USB, comments such as being sick, activity, time after meals, etc were entered directly in the meter. Now with the Contour Next One this has all been moved to the app. This means that I either have to carry something that runs the app so I can enter these comments immediately so I don't forget, or I have to write notes on paper until I can get to the app later to make my entries.
I get no sense of urgency from this company to get these problems fixed and there is no communication from them. I have 1 vial of test strips left and if I don't get some sense of forward progress I will be switching to a different BG monitoring system. Bye Contour, it was nice while it lasted.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. All feedback is highly appreciated and taken into account in the future development of our products and solutions. We are dedicated to the continued development of the app, but unfortunately, we are unable to comment on specific development projects. Please continue checking the app for updates in the future.
- Ascensia Diabetes Care US Inc.
- 128.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Ascensia Diabetes Care Holdings AG. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.