Contour - Volume - Stakeout
By CORVALLIS MICROTECHNOLOGY, INC.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Use “Contour - Volume - Stakeout” on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to generate a contour map of elevations or some other variable of interest. Then you may have volumes computed based on the contour regions. For example, a farmer could record soil data at the sampling points then have the variable of interest contoured over the farm plot. This contour map could serve as a guide in fertilizer application. If there is a mound of land to be leveled, the Volume function could help you compute the amount of dirt to remove based on the elevation data taken over the mound.
Also use this app to precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas over the built-in Map and view their locations, lengths and areas. If your device has GPS capability, you may record the GPS location as a Point, or pick the GPS location as a node for the Line or Area you are creating. Location accuracy depends on the accuracy of the GPS receiver used
This app provides Point Stakeout and Line Stakeout functions to help you approach a point or move along a line or area boundary.
The contour map can be printed to PDF. The contour data can be exported in a text file format. The Feature data can be exported in Shapefiles and DXF formats.
Detailed Function List:
* Import Shapefiles, DXF files and text files.
* Create a grid and generate sampling points.
* Precisely digitize Points, Lines and Areas over the built-in Map.
* Use Point Stakeout and GPS to locate a point or a node on a line.
* Use Line Stakeout and GPS to locate a line.
* View position, length and area values for the Features.
* Label the Lines with segment lengths and directions as well as corner angles.
* Label the Areas with size in acres and square feet or hectares and square meters.
* Measure distances and areas without saving the shapes.
* Move existing nodes to fine-tune the map drawing.
* Create a Point from entered coordinates.
* Create a Point or record a node by picking the GPS location.
* Save the job data file for later use.
* Export Feature data to DXF or Shapefiles.
* Export the contour data to a .CSV text file.
* Output the drawing and the coordinates to PDF.
* Email the job data files and the PDF files to your colleagues.
This app comes with a detailed built-in help document.
Please note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app will let you easily toggle the built-in GPS on or off.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Recompiled for 64-bit architecture.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 20, 2017
- Version: 1.0.2
- Size: 17.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Corvallis Microtechnology, Inc.
- © 2014 Corvallis Microtechnology, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.