By Chillingo Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Best Mobile Game of E3 ‹ GamePro
Best Mobile Game of E3 Finalist ‹ IGN
Best Mobile/Handheld Game of E3 Nominee ‹ Game Critics Awards
Blurring the lines between games and interactive art, Contre Jour welcomes you to a hauntingly beautiful world shaped by the interplay of light and darkness.
Use your finger to morph the landscape, propelling the mysterious creature Petit to safety. Pull, swipe, and tap gadgets such as tendrils, air geysers, and pulleys to complete clever puzzles. Set to a poignant orchestrated soundtrack from composer David Ari Leon, Contre Jour both delights and bedevils from start to finish.
"Contre Jour…seems like the complete package. It has challenging physics-based puzzles, a unique gameplay hook, beautiful graphics, and an eerie soundtrack. Keep a gigantic, rolling eyeball out for this game…” — Slide To Play
“I'm totally loving the look and feel of this one.” — TouchArcade
“It's a seriously gorgeous and addictive game, and I can't wait for it to come out.” — IGN
“The star of [E3] was Contre Jour, a darkly-weird platformer where you manipulate the ground around you.” — GamePro
Contre Jour Highlights
• 5 chapters featuring 100 unique levels, as well as 300 collectable lights, will have you playing for hours and hours.
• Use extremely intuitive controls to change the environment around you.
• 12 different interactive elements to master; portals, slingshots, tentacles, blowers and more.
• Stunning visual style places Contre Jour in a league of it’s own – simply one of the most beautiful games of the year.
• Rich, organic and original soundtrack by David Ari Leon perfectly matches Petit’s journey. Get some headphones and lose yourself in the world of Contre Jour.
• Unlock a variety of achievements as you play, can you find them all?
For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com
*** For the best free games and deals visit Chillingo Deals at: deals.chillingo.com ***
What's New in Version 1.31
The award-winning Contre Jour has finally been updated with iOS7 compatibility!
Charming and satisfying
The ads other users complained about have been removed.
Contre Jour strikes a good balance between simplicity and complexity. There are only a few game mechanics, yet the levels are cleverly designed to combine them in inventive ways.
Includes many levels. I've played through 4 of 5 worlds and it hasn't stagnated or worn out its welcome. Recommended.
Artsy and cute
Although the controls can be frustrating, Contre Jour is a stunning game with beautiful music. It falls into the "collect 3 things before reaching the exit" genre but does it with more style than most.
Unfortunately this will probably be the last Chillingo game I purchase. The ads are intrusive and ruin the game's aesthetic. Not in a game I PAID for, please.
Challenging but relaxing
The game mechanics are simple, but the solutions to a level can be tricky. There's a bit of creativity needed. This is a fun game when you have a few minutes to spare; recommended.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 20, 2013
- Version: 1.31
- Size: 24.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Chillingo Ltd
- © Mokus
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Unlock - Chapter 5$0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 4$0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 3$0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 2$0.99