By Chillingo Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Best Mobile Game of E3 ‹ GamePro
Best Mobile Game of E3 Finalist ‹ IGN
Best Mobile/Handheld Game of E3 Nominee ‹ Game Critics Awards
Blurring the lines between games and interactive art, Contre Jour welcomes you to a hauntingly beautiful world shaped by the interplay of light and darkness.
Use your finger to morph the landscape, propelling the mysterious creature Petit to safety. Pull, swipe, and tap gadgets such as tendrils, air geysers, and pulleys to complete clever puzzles. Set to a poignant orchestrated soundtrack from composer David Ari Leon, Contre Jour both delights and bedevils from start to finish.
"Contre Jour…seems like the complete package. It has challenging physics-based puzzles, a unique gameplay hook, beautiful graphics, and an eerie soundtrack. Keep a gigantic, rolling eyeball out for this game…” — Slide To Play
“I'm totally loving the look and feel of this one.” — TouchArcade
“It's a seriously gorgeous and addictive game, and I can't wait for it to come out.” — IGN
“The star of [E3] was Contre Jour, a darkly-weird platformer where you manipulate the ground around you.” — GamePro
Contre Jour Highlights
• 5 chapters featuring 100 unique levels, as well as 300 collectable lights, will have you playing for hours and hours.
• Use extremely intuitive controls to change the environment around you.
• 12 different interactive elements to master; portals, slingshots, tentacles, blowers and more.
• Stunning visual style places Contre Jour in a league of it’s own – simply one of the most beautiful games of the year.
• Rich, organic and original soundtrack by David Ari Leon perfectly matches Petit’s journey. Get some headphones and lose yourself in the world of Contre Jour.
• Unlock a variety of achievements as you play, can you find them all?
For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com
*** For the best free games and deals visit Chillingo Deals at: deals.chillingo.com ***
What's New in Version 1.31
The award-winning Contre Jour has finally been updated with iOS7 compatibility!
Nice game but crappy ads take up too much room!
I'd rate this one star for the obnoxious ad bubbles which take up a good portion of the screen, even more so if you don't own the HD version but run the regular game in 2X mode on an iPad. The ads appear as colorful bubbles -- definitely out of place in a gorgeous black and white game -- on the main screen, the level selection screen, and in the pause menu! The ad bubble ends up covering the ENTIRE first world selection button! If you pause a level, the ad bubble pops up, very large on the upper left of the screen, in the pause menu too.
Before this update I was thinking of purchasing the HD version for my iPad too, but with these obnoxious, out of place brightly colored ad bubbles everywhere, I'm going to pass and get something else instead.
I'll throw in an extra star for the nice game play, but nothing more until those ads are gone or greatly reduced.
Artsy and cute
Although the controls can be frustrating, Contre Jour is a stunning game with beautiful music. It falls into the "collect 3 things before reaching the exit" genre but does it with more style than most.
Unfortunately this will probably be the last Chillingo game I purchase. The ads are intrusive and ruin the game's aesthetic. Not in a game I PAID for, please.
excellent gameplay and concept, beautiful limbo-esque graphics and brilliant sound make a great all-around game. touch controls on ground manipulations can be frustrating sometimes, but doesnt really detract from its finer points. 4.5 stars.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 20, 2013
- Version: 1.31
- Size: 24.7 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Seller: Chillingo Ltd
- © Mokus
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Early Unlock - Chapter 5$0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 4$0.99
- Early Unlock - Chapter 3$0.99