Control of Communicable Diseases Manual for Mobile + Web
By Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Trusted Public Health information delivered via Unbound's award-winning platform **
== PLEASE NOTE: Application requires a paid subscription to the online CCDM service. ==
**CURRENT subscribers of Control of Communicable Diseases Manual for Mobile + Web can download content to their iOS device at no cost.**
Control of Communicable Diseases Manual (CCDM) for Mobile + Web, one of the most widely-recognized and authoritative references for public health workers, delivers information on identifying, managing, and preventing infectious diseases to your iPhone or iPod touch and the web.
This latest edition from the American Public Health Association (APHA) includes details on nearly 500 diseases and public health issues arranged in an easy-to-consult format. Each infectious disease in CCDM for Mobile + Web is divided into nine sub-categories including infectious agent, occurrence, mode of transmission, and methods of control.
CCDM for Mobile + Web also includes MEDLINE Journals, which allows you to view citations and abstracts from medical journals, and RSS news feeds from the CDC, WHO, NIH, and more.
CCDM for Mobile + Web client for all iOS devices features:
• Optimized interface
• Universal Index Search – find topics across all indexes
• Cross Links for fast navigation between resources
• Personalized favorites
• Superior navigation
• Citations and abstracts in MEDLINE Journals
• Web access and updates for one year
Additional iPad client features include:
• iPad-specific interface – not just an enlarged iPhone app
• Tips, Notifications, and Topic of the Week
• New Recently Viewed feature
• Side-by-side reading and navigation panes
How it works:
Current CCDM for Mobile + Web subscribers:
• Install the application to your iOS device
• Open the application, enter your username and password, then tap “Login.”
• The latest content will be downloaded to your device over your wireless connection.
If you are a new user and interested in learning more about Control of Communicable Disease Manual for Mobile + Web, please visit the Unbound Medicine website.
What's New in Version 1.5
• Voice search (requires iPhone 4S/5, iPad 3rd Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation)
• Optimized for larger iPhone 5 and new iPod touch (5th Generation) screens
• Bug Fixes
Required to call support—bad!
This app can be a real pain in the #@$. It can only work on one device (either your phone or your iPad, not both), and if you want to transfer from one to the other you have to call support and get their permission and have them reset things. Honestly, why not let me read it on my iPad or my phone, whichever I have with me? I just moved up to iPhone 6 and wiped my iPhone 4 clean. Now I have to call the support phone # to get them to allow me to see this on my new phone. This is not cool. All other apps allow to be installed on your multiple devices, and this app is way behind the times. This app also has a lot of redundancy in how it displays topics, which can be confusing. I like the content, but overall being forced to call the support phone #, and not being able to view on my other devices brings this app way down in stars.
Great app and well worth the money. All the features of the print book with easy navigation. I really like having this book with me!
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Dec 21, 2012
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- © 2013 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.