Control of Communicable Diseases Manual (CCDM)
By Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** The Latest Expert Public Health Information from the APHA **
Preview, Buy, or Sign In using this app.
FREE PREVIEW – View select topics which demonstrate authoritative guidance for preventing, treating, and controlling infectious diseases for all public health practitioners.
ABOUT CONTROL OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASES MANUAL
Ebola. H1N1. Measles. West Nile Virus. Each year it seems more and more difficult to avoid hearing about a new outbreak of a dangerous infectious disease. Evading pandemics that cost the lives of millions requires knowledge about the diseases and how to prevent them from occurring and spreading.
For nearly 100 years, Control of Communicable Diseases Manual has been one of the most widely-recognized and authoritative references for public health workers in every corner of the world. This expert-written resource delivers information on identifying, managing, and preventing infectious diseases directly on your smartphone, tablet, and the web.
This latest edition (20th) from the American Public Health Association (APHA) includes details on nearly 500 diseases and public health issues arranged in an easy-to-consult format. Each infectious disease in CCDM is divided into 12 sub-categories including causative agent, occurrence, transmission, and management of the patient and contacts.
CCDM also includes MEDLINE Journals, which allows you to view citations and abstracts from medical journals, and RSS news feeds from the American Journal of Public Health, WHO, NIH, and more.
• Expert disease control recommendations from the APHA
• Extensive coverage for the Ebola Virus
• Guidelines for diagnosis, transmission, management, prevention, and more
• Detailed infection control practices
• Two new chapters on noma and animal/human communicable diseases
• Dedicated sections for explanation of terms and abbreviations found in the resource
• Citations, abstracts, and links to relevant literature in MEDLINE Journals
• Public Health News feeds from the American Journal of Public Health, WHO, and more
• “Favorites” for bookmarking important entries
• Web access for one year
Editor: David L. Heymann, MD
Publisher: American Public Health Association
Powered by: Unbound Medicine
What's New in Version 1.7
- iOS 9 Bug Fix
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Sep 26, 2015
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Unbound Medicine, Inc.
- © 2015 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Control of Communicable Diseases 20e$49.99