Control enables users to create their own interfaces for controlling musical, artistic and virtual reality applications. It is built on top of Apple's WebKit rendering engine and allows users to define their interfaces via JSON files.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The 1.4 release has a bug where the interface list will be blank the first time the app starts. Force quit the app and start it again and the interfaces will appear. I will submit a bug fix shortly.
- Outputs both Wireless MIDI and Open Sound Control (OSC)
- Bi-directional communication: use Control to set values on your computer, use your computer to set values in Control
- Dynamically add and manipulate widgets via OSC messages
- Reads and outputs data from Accelerometer, Gyro and Compass sensors (on applicable devices) with adjustable update rates
- Auto-discovery of wireless networks via Bonjour
- Interfaces can be pushed to the phone via OSC or downloaded from the web
- Supports both portrait and landscape interface orientations
- Interfaces work on both iPhones and iPads
NOTE: If you've never used wireless MIDI or OSC before, Control (and all other wireless MIDI / OSC apps) will have a little bit of a learning curve to get started. Please visit the Control support website!
- Camera Connection Kit support for wired MIDI
- MIDI Sysex transmission
- Can now transmit pitch and volume information taken from microphone
- Interface list scrolls in iOS 5
Ratings and Reviews
After spending some time working on an interface, I was disappointed to find the midi events unreliable. Without reliable midi events, it isn't useful.
I appreciate the time & effort it must have taken to create this. Sorry I can't rate it higher. I liked the concept and editable interfaces quite a lot.
Sputnik j Frey
Just spent like 10 hours floored by control in combination with their website. Amazing intro to this new language! Thank you from a musician who embraces any and all, you guys have blown my mind!
the ability to create interfaces is great! just push refresh if the interface list is empty on start up.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.