Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Control4 app turns your iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad into the ultimate command center for your Control4 smart home automation system.
PLEASE NOTE: Prior to using this app, you need a Control4 controller and automation system running Control4 OS 2.6 or later (2.9.0 recommended) at your home or business. If you are unsure of the software version on your system, please check with your Control4 dealer or login to your Control4 account at https://customer.control4.com for more information.
On your iPhone and iPad, use the Control4 app and enjoy the convenience of controlling and viewing the status of your entire smart home, including audio, video, lights, thermostats, security system and cameras, door locks, sensors, pools, and much more.
Quickly browse your own music collection or find a favorite track on streaming music services like Rhapsody--and listen in one room or across every room in your home. Adjust your lights with interactive dimmers or use a lighting scene as a single button press to control lights across multiple rooms. Fire up the heater on your pool or spa. Open garage doors or an electric gate, or use the app to unlock a deadbolt on a door.
Connect to your system at home over your own Wi-Fi network. You can also use the app to access and manage your home from virtually anywhere in the world using 3G/4G or remote Wi-Fi networks when the app is enabled with a Control4 4Sight subscription.
Highlighted Features on iPhone and iPad:
• Audio playback and distribution
• Video control and distribution
• Lighting control and scene editing (scene editing is only available on the iPad)
• Heating and air conditioning control
• Security system management and camera viewing
• Feedback from sensors and control through relays
• Cover art for movies and music
• Playlist management
• Anywhere Access (4Sight subscription required, contact your dealer)
Use your Apple Watch to quickly control the most often used features of your Control4 system, including:
• Custom action buttons
• Audio and video control
• Lighting (including scenes)
• Door locks and garage doors. NOTE: Apple Watch support requires watchOS 2 or later and a Control4 controller and automation system running Control4 OS 2.8.1 or later at your home or business.
What's New in Version 2.9.1
• Fixes crash on iOS 10 when controlling music on Sonos, Pandora, and others.
• Localization updates.
This app works as designed. The only time it doesn't work is when the system needs the occasional reboot...that's not the apps fault.
Also, reviews that say it doesn't work on cellular-you need a 4Sight subscription (extra) to make that happen. The default is your local wifi network.
Must get support from middleman
Before you buy, imagine if you had to deal with ATT or Verizon for support instead of Apple anytime you had an issue. In my experience the dealer makes money by installing his next deal not by supporting past projects. Never will I purchase another product from a company that does little to support it. Product has promise but the support model is a deal breaker. Spend your $ elsewhere.
Great in concept and I am usually satisfied but it fails to connect frequently despite multiple attempts and solid wifi. When it does connect it works well. I suspect there is not a lot of resource dedicated to improving this since C4 is in the business of also selling tablets/wall panels???
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 03, 2016
- Version: 2.9.1
- Size: 180 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Control4
- © Copyright 2016 Control4 Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.