The Control4 app turns your iPhone, Apple Watch, or iPad into the ultimate command center for your Control4 smart home automation system.
PLEASE NOTE: Prior to using this app, you need a Control4 controller and automation system running Control4 OS 2.6 or later (2.10 recommended) at your home or business. If you are unsure of the software version on your system, please check with your Control4 dealer or login to your Control4 account at https://customer.control4.com for more information.
On your iPhone and iPad, use the Control4 app and enjoy the convenience of controlling and viewing the status of your entire smart home, including audio, video, lights, thermostats, security system and cameras, door locks, sensors, pools, and much more.
Quickly browse your own music collection or find a favorite track on streaming music services like Rhapsody--and listen in one room or across every room in your home. Adjust your lights with interactive dimmers or use a lighting scene as a single button press to control lights across multiple rooms. Fire up the heater on your pool or spa. Open garage doors or an electric gate, or use the app to unlock a deadbolt on a door.
Connect to your system at home over your own Wi-Fi network. You can also use the app to access and manage your home from virtually anywhere in the world using 3G/4G or remote Wi-Fi networks when the app is enabled with a Control4 4Sight subscription.
Highlighted Features on iPhone and iPad:
• Audio playback and distribution
• Video control and distribution
• Lighting control and scene editing (scene editing is only available on the iPad)
• Heating and air conditioning control
• Security system management and camera viewing
• Feedback from sensors and control through relays
• Cover art for movies and music
• Playlist management
• Anywhere Access (4Sight subscription required, contact your dealer)
Use your Apple Watch to quickly control the most often used features of your Control4 system, including:
• Custom action buttons
• Audio and video control
• Lighting (including scenes)
• Door locks and garage doors. NOTE: Apple Watch support requires watchOS 2 or later and a Control4 controller and automation system running Control4 OS 2.8.1 or later at your home or business.
This update includes a number of stability and bug fixes, including:
- Light button in the top navigation bar on iPad fixed to show and control lights and scenes for selected room and all rooms.
- Fixed issue where lighting showed an incorrect state when scrolling.
- Lighting page fixed where incorrect levels or possible loss of control over dimmer.
- On Now Playing page, linked service icon to navigate back to music service for easier browsing.
- Fixed case where incorrect characters were appearing on tabs in Tidal music service.
- Deezer logout issue corrected.
- Fixed case where buttons in popups did not navigate correctly in music services.
- Corrected issue where browsing lists in music services on iPads resulted in incorrect behavior (landscape only).
- Notification popups on music service screens fixed, including iHeartRadio, Spotify "How-to-Stream" instructions, links that launch an external browser, incorrect navigation or non-functioning buttons, and app crash.
- Corrected a rare case were Watch and Listen icons failed to load in a particular room.
- Fixed issue where iPhone X crashed when unlocking with Face ID.
Ratings and Reviews
Nice concept, clunky execution
Control4’s mission is home automation in the most perfect sense — remotely controlling shades, lighting, music and more. However, the real life execution is not as it is marketed. The interface is clunky and can be much improved. For example, it is difficult to adjust lighting to a specific percentage — if you want 35 percent brightness, the interface is so sensitive to finger movement that it goes to 33 percent. There is no off button for the Watch TV virtual remote. The organization of the functions between lights, music, shades, etc. should be revamped so there is a more thoughtful, humanistic design. It is especially difficult to turn on different items when you have more than 12 rooms in the app. There should also be a streamlined Control4 shortcut using 3D Touch on the app icon itself and within Apple’s Control Center. The utilization of 3D Touch features of the iPhone will increase efficiency in turning items on and off.
Old design and slow to connect
The design of the app is very old and outdated. They should look at what good modern apps look like an change it completely. It makes it feel like you’re using ancient technology.
Also it’s slow to connect to the system. That process should be speeded up greatly. It should be near instantaneous.
And it should work with Apple’s HomeKit and Home app but they won’t do that.
The app requires another “license” ie more money to use the expensive system we bought. The Control 4 remote failed and now there is no alternative way to turn on and watch tv. Ie our whole system is down because the remote failed. Now I have to buy another remote, hire a programmer, etc. when I bought it, the app was free and worked to control the system if you lost the remote. May be time to ditch control 4.
- 213.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2018 Control4 Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.