Accept credit and debit payments anywhere, anytime with this intuitive, easy-to-use mobile application that turns your smartphone, tablet or mobile device into a secured, affordable point-of-sale solution! Converge Mobile is a free mobile app that is an extension of Converge, an omni-commerce solution that allows you to process payments in person, via phone or telephone order, online, and using a mobile device. Converge Mobile supports EMV chip card transactions using an encrypted EMV card reader.
• Accept PIN debit and credit cards, including mag stripe, chip card and contactless payments, like Apple Pay™
• Record cash transactions
• Automatically calculate discounts and taxes and offer tips
• Email or print customer receipts
• Help protect cardholder data with an encrypted, chip card device
• Use an unlimited number of supported iOS or Android devices
Converge Mobile is for any size business that needs to process transactions on the go. If you accept card payments on the road, then Converge Mobile will likely save you time and money, while improving the checkout experience for your customers. It can also be used at your location for payments during peak sales seasons, essentially creating a new checkout line without the added expense.
Getting started is easy!
1. Establish a customer account with Elavon, directly or through one of many partners, and get a card reader (set up cost associated). If you do not have an account, follow the link at the bottom of the page.
2. Download the Converge Mobile App for free!
3. Open the App and enter a Device PassCode of your choice. You will be required to enter this security passcode each time you access the app. Note: If you do not have an Elavon customer account, select the ‘I don’t have an account’ option at bottom of the Welcome page.
4. Follow the simple set up instructions and start taking payments anywhere, anytime!
Note: If you need a card reader to accept cards, contact your sales representative or account manager.
For more information please visit: www.elavon.com/convergemobile or contact Elavon to establish a customer account.
Converge Mobile now offers Product Catalog and Itemized Transactions to improve payment processing and customer experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Has potential but falls short
My accounting department set up a new user account for me under our Converge umbrella account so I can charge registration fees for meetings and golf outings. Upon signing in, I’m prompted for a PIN that the software never assigned to me, preventing me from logging in at all. Going online doesn’t fix this. Using a coworker’s login info (which we keep separate for accounting purposes), I was able to process transactions at an event *only* if the cell signal is strong enough (3 bars didn’t cut it). If all the stars are aligned, the app is fine. But, once my accounting dept fished around online to get a PIN created for me, there was no way for me to log out of my coworker’s account in the app. I had to delete it and reinstall it. The support and manuals are really poor in that they don’t address any of these things. A lot of headaches in this app for such a simple concept.
App always has issues.
I’ve never been fond of this app but have no choice but to use it through my bank. Every time I go turn on the gratuity setting it automatically shuts me out of the app. So now, I find my self having to run everybody’s card twice which is not good for the customer or myself. When gratuity was working it’s hard for customers to see and a lot of customers pass through and again we have to run the card again. I would love if converge mage the gratuity more noticeable and fix the setting where the app doesn’t keep shutting down. I find myself having to uninstall and install the app often too because the app quits letting me log in.
This is a horrible application. Once a week it doesn't recognize my password and I have to delete it and reinstall it. Of course I have to also enter all of the account information again. None of this is convenient when I'm sitting with clients waiting for payment so I have to switch to another payment system. I'll be contacting the company directly but I hope they pay attention to this review. If I could give it less than one store I would because it actually makes my life harder not easier. In fact consider this a half star review. Have a star because the application works intermittently
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.