From the only Deaf-owned VRS provider comes the most natural calling experience for deaf and hard of hearing people. We believe that you should always maintain ownership of your call, and we achieve this through our highly-qualified interpreters and intuitive app design.
- Search function will pull up matching results in real-time as you type name or number.
- Hang Up button with two options: Hang up on the other caller and keep the interpreter, or end the connection altogether.
- Accessibility settings for sharper interface, zoomed in or out video, and button positioning.
- Voice Carry Over function for people who prefer to speak during VRS calls.
- Two-way messages function with your interpreter during VRS calls.
- Deaf Ecosystem Directory of over 800 listings of Deaf-owned businesses, Deaf professionals, and organizations and schools for the Deaf.
- Direct VRS Español for Spanish-speaking family and friends with no transfers.
- 911 button easily accessed in case of emergencies.
- Contact list that can be sorted by A-Z or Z-A, and using first or last name.
- Visual and customized ringing notifications with Philips Hue.
- Videomail with convenient callback or deletion capabilities.
- Internal Directory for all employees, Deaf or hearing, at workplaces.
- Hang-up button is more visible.
- Phone number field now displays in (###) ###-#### format when adding/editing a contact.
- VRS Español icon in Dialpad is now blue instead of white.
- You can now exit keyboard in login page.
- You will now be alerted of any failure to connect to Internet when attempting to add contact.
Ratings and Reviews
Convo is the only VRS provider that essentially meets all my needs as a DeafBlind consumer. I have Usher Syndrome but yet the features in Convo exceeds my expectations when it comes to the interpreters and ecosystem! Convo does not have any products to add other than the ones with IOS and MacOS, especially iPhones, iPads, and MacBooks - that’s what I like about Convo! The updated iOS app is awesome with the new features especially the 911. I feel the ownership of the choices I make in using Convo!!! I feel that Convo is my own personal VRS for life. 👊🏽✊🏽👊🏽👍🏽
Had to troubleshoot because I have T-Mobile
It keeps on saying "cannot connect" or loading for a long time before failing to connect to server so I can open the app. I troubleshooted the problem but it'd be nice to automatically have it all, not have to download a program to fix it
Quality of interpreters and customer service
Revised: Although I miss connecting with a live Customer Service Rep for call issues etc but their online customer service they now offer is easy and the reps are very knowledgeable.
- Convo Communications, LLC
- 78.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Convo Communications, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.