Cook With Grazia: Quick Italian Recipes
By Grazia Solazzi
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Hi my name is Grazia and I am an Italian food writer. I have been living in Portland, Oregon, since 2001 and have written about food, business and travel for Italian publications since 1994.
As a food writer, president of an Italian school and the mother of three, I know what being busy means. Nevertheless, I make it a priority to bring dinner to the table every night. My specialties are simple, quick recipes that I can successfully manage with limited time, hungry children, multiple youth sports activities, and sometimes an empty refrigerator (oopsie). My Italian background is all about fresh homemade meals, and I have never been comfortable with getting take-out – as many of my American friends are – both for taste and health reasons. With a little planning, and the right approach cooking homemade meals every day is doable and healthier. No matter how skilled you are in the kitchen, this is your chance to master traditional Italian cuisine in an easy, practical and fun way: I will be on your side.
Will you cook with me?
• Authentic Italian, quick-and-easy recipes. Each dish include step-by-step instructions with beautiful photos. Recipes are mostly drawn from Italian tradition, my family and friends, and include descriptions with cultural background significance.
• 50 + recipes ready to prepare and serve in 20 minutes.
• 30 + additional recipes with 20 minutes maximum prep time, followed by some unattended cooking or resting.
• All recipes are tested and proven – success guaranteed!
• Each recipe provides menu suggestions and wine pairings
• Tips section with helpful tips, tricks, recipe variations, substitutions.
• Recipe searching by ingredient and/or category, with an easy, fun-to-use “finder wheel."
Categories include gluten-free, vegetarian, potluck and buffet, romantic dinner, kids, as well as by dish type -- main, sides, salads, etc.
• Personalize each recipe with your own notes and add them to your favorites list.
• In-depth information on key Italian ingredients (pasta, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar to name a few), so you can learn to recognize, select, use and store authentic ingredients of the best quality and value.
• The author is Italian but lives in the USA, so this app uses ingredients, tools and measurements available in the USA to easily recreate truly authentic flavors.
• Suggested ingredients with a long shelf-life to keep on hand so you can cook Italian any night, in a heartbeat, without even hitting the supermarket.
• This app will help you to find a recipe that works with what you have on hand.
• Easy-to-manage shopping list, to which you can add items unrelated to the recipe. Items can be sorted by Recipe, Aisle, or Alphabetical order for your convenience while you shop.
• Suggested tool list to keep on hand.
• Easily email me for questions, comments, suggestions from within the app. I want to hear from you!!!
• App is optimized for Iphone, looks identical on the iPad.
If you plan on using the app on the iPad, just buy the app on the iPhone app store or in the iTunes store from your computer (this App is not in the iPad or computer Appstore). Then on your iPad click on “purchased” at the bottom. On the right side of your screen, select “iPhone Apps” and then search for Cook with Grazia. Download (free) from your cloud on your device.
What's New in Version 1.2
Minor bug fixes
Making me a smarter cook
Very authentic, clearly from a real expert on the cuisine. Includes great practical advice on how to navigate labels and grocery stores here in the U.S.
Recipes look delicious and are beautifully photographed, to go along with a sharp look and clean design of the app in general. Looking forward to cooking up a lot of these recipes, glad there are so many!
This app is simply great. Recipes are truly easy to follow. The tips section is full of useful informations such as variations, menu and wine pairings. And, I just love the ingredient section! I learned so much!
Love this app!
Quick, easy recipes for great Italian food! Easy to use and navigate. One of the few cooking apps I really use.