Get recipe organised! Save recipes from your favourite websites and magazines. Scan recipes from books and magazines. Access recipes from your mobile, tablet and desktop devices. Always available offline. Plan meals and create shopping lists. Cook with intuitive displays, timers and much, much more! CookBook is the best Kitchen tool around and the only recipe app with real-time OCR.
• Import – save recipes from websites, enter from books or use your culinary expertise and update on the fly with new ingredients, steps and pictures as you cook.
• Offline recipes – All recipe data and images are saved locally for offline usage.
• Cloud Storage (FREE!) - Automatically synchronises and stores your recipe information with our CookBook cloud to enable access from the mobile applications and our FREE website.
• Convert - Seamlessly convert ingredients from your entered and imported recipes to your preferred US, Imperial and Metric measures.
• Meal Plan & Shopping – plan your weekly meals with the required servings and create interactive shopping lists from your plan to take shopping or to export and use later.
• Cooking Mode – Intuitive cooking with text reading, ingredient toggles and multiple timers!
• Search – find by ingredient, tag your meals with categories or make them a favourite to quickly find and access the meal you are looking for.
• Share – send recipes via AirDrop in the CookBook format, PDF or email.
• Timers – Automatic detection of timers from text
• Scan (OCR) – save recipes directly from your camera, straight into CookBook (note: this is now free to use!)
• Multi-platform – Access recipe data on our website (FREE!) or from other popular mobile platforms.
• Select between 2 beautiful sleek CookBook designs.
• Quickly scale recipe ingredients to your desired number of servings.
• Search for recipes using the leftovers in your fridge
• Create recipe timers automatically from detected instructions or enter them manually to alert you when you are needed in the kitchen.
• Run concurrent timers across the recipes you are currently cooking to multitask.
• Use our default or create new categories to help you keep your recipes organised.
• Add an overall photo and individual photos to each recipe step to create easy visual directions.
• Recipes available offline to allow you access when you have no internet connection.
• ‘Surprise me’ feature for those times when you just can’t decide what to eat!
• All this and more, accessible on our website or through our dedicated mobile applications, synchronised across your devices, on or offline, with one account and no annoying adverts.
Our developers are continually working to perfect CookBook and therefore we want to hear from you, what you think and what you’d like CookBook to do next! Use the ‘Contact Us’ page to get in touch and one of our team will get straight back to you.
Your recipes, your kitchen, your CookBook.
- Recipe scanning (OCR) is now free!!
- Bug fixes, OCR Scanning, full screen steps and ingredients, keyboard issues
- Recipe scanning updates allowing you to scan for title, descriptions, notes, ingredients, steps and much more!
- Recipe scanning option from PDFs
- Output PDF support for alternate languages and character sets
- Enhanced memory usage and battery performance
- Manually add your own items to generated shopping lists
- Search to include or exclude certain ingredients from recipes
- New notes & video link field
- Edit steps in a list view
- Minor bug and crash fixes
- Improved shopping list categorisation of ingredients
- Improved conversion of ingredients
- Updated layout and theme options
- Speed enhancements
- iPhoneX Support
- Detection of URLs copied to clipboard for import
- Allow addition of non-measured ingredients (i.e. seasoning to taste)
- iOS swipe to navigate between recipes
- Enhanced recipe page, cooking view and tag filtering
- Enhanced app speed and searching with large recipe collections
- Multitasking and iPad layout updates
- Improved text entry throughout the app
- Improved recipe ingredient entry - enter ingredients in a single block
- Improved shopping lists - offline, save and view related recipes
- Improved searching by tags
- Improved speed and searching of large recipe collections
- Import recipe files using iOS 11's file manager with support for additional file types
Ratings and Reviews
Thoroughly thought through...
Storing recipes is getting easier and easier thanks to CookBook! Find a recipe online? Add the link and it brings up the recipe. Trusted recipe in a falling apart magazine? Snap a picture and scan in the recipe with fairly good accuracy. Create your own recipe? Type it in as you go snapping pics for each stage of the recipe. This is a 4 star rating versus 5 because there are some tweaks and small improvements that could be made but I am so happy with it as is. Plus, you get a shopping list created for you when selecting meal plans...really great app.
It was a good app, but this new update brought in great improvements.
Of all the cooking apps I have tried, this has quickly become my favorite!
The only changes I would make are: 1) Ability to add recipes offline, 2) Ability to delete app-native tags and 3) Ability to subtitle some steps.
I discovered this app after having difficulties with a other recipe organizer and I was amazed! It does so much more than the others and is easy to use. The OCR is fantastic and makes recipe transfer super easy. I am shocked that this isn’t the number one app for cookbooks!
- Cookbook Ltd
- 35 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © CookBook Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.