Cool Cousin is shaking up the travel world with good old human connection.
Seriously, we’re all about connecting you - the traveler - with awesome people from around the world - the cousins - to share information directly and get in on that city low-down that only locals know.
As a traveler, Cool Cousin makes all this possible:
- Get reliable recommendations for what to do and where to do it straight from locals you find interesting
- View all your recommendations as a list or on a map
- Enjoy smooth access to your chosen locals’ city guidebook
- Message a local for personalized advice and recommendations
- Stay on the grid with offline access to your map and recommendations
- Add places you want to visit to your wishlist
- Collaborate with your friends for their city recommendations
- Explore spots in your area with location sensitive maps
- See opening hours, addresses, websites and directions to each spot
- Request an Uber through the app directly to your selected destination
As a Cousin, you have the opportunity to:
- Share your love for your hometown and help save the world from mediocrity
- Curate your favorite local businesses and things to do in your city
- Share your knowledge in style with friends, family and visitors
- Connect with like-minded internationals who are thirsty for your insight
- Join a community of young and fabulous professionals from around the world
- Make sure visitors don’t think your hometown is boring
- Be a voice of a generation
- Changed many things under the hood to make the app fast and snappy
- Fixed several bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Don’t waste your time with Google Maps reviews anymore
Really cool app! Only have tried for a few cities now, but a great concept!
As it is young, there are things that could be improved (both in terms of UI and types of tips offered), and I’m excited for its expansion, but it has great suggestions that everyone I have traveled with really loved.
I don’t love that its hard to tell which icon is the one you are reading about when there are a cluster of tips because there is no color change or something, and you can’t actually use the app to navigate to the location. You also can’t sort by favorites, and the fact that you can’t drop a pin and save a new place on your own (not for other users) means you switch between CC & GMs constantly/save CC locations on GMs.
But the tips I have followed up on have all been great experiences or great food! I’m super excited about watching the app expand and grow into something awesome!
Perfect alternative to sifting through Google Maps for hours to find a decent restaurant!
Fantastic for travelers!
Wow!!! rather than spending hours searching through the web-junk, I just downloaded cousin maps and had the best local recommendations for my vacation.
Great interface. It’s like having a good friend in every city to give me the DL.
App Needs Help
I love the concept and wanted to be a cousin in my two cities (SF & Dallas), but I couldn’t get the app to work. Accessing the menus took forever if it opened at all. I’d tap and tap on various screens and nothing would happen (even the sign-up screen was dicey). I have over 200G of space on my phone, too. Bummer.
- Cool Cousin LTD
- 119.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Cool Cousin LTD
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.