By Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Coptic Reader is a mobile application that contains the liturgical text, rites, psalmodies, hymns, melodies, services, and sacraments of the Coptic Orthodox Church. See below for a full list of included content. Coptic Reader is not simply a text reader but rather it dynamically creates each document/service according to the rites of the current day, or selected day/feast. Coptic Reader builds each document on the fly with all appropriate hymns, rites and instructions to take the guess work out of the order of a church service.
Coptic Reader can generate documents in a combination of English, Arabic, and Coptic and supports both English and Arabic as the application interface language. Coptic Reader is fully customizable and allows you to show/hide different liturgical roles (i.e., Priest, Deacon, and Congregation), inaudible prayers, rubrics/comments, and languages.
You may choose between different graphical themes as well as change the document text size. A presentation mode is also supported that allows you to project the content in your church for a complete experience. The application also allows you to control which saint or archangel commemorations will be shown in doxologies, hymns, responses, and other prayers for your church's intercessors.
- Complete Bible including Coptic New Testament and Deuterocanonical books
- Book of Hours (Agpeya)
- Holy Psalmody including Midnight Praises, Vesper Praises, Morning Praises (Standard, Koiahk, Nativity, Theophany, Great Fast, Pentecostal, including all festal psalies)
- Antiphonary (Difnar)
- Divine Liturgies with integrated Service of the Deacons (St. Basil, St.Gregory, and St. Cyril, as well as Vespers and Matins service)
- Katameros (Sundays, Weekdays, Great Fast, Pentecostal, and feasts)
- Distribution Melodies
- Unction of the Sick
- Baptism Prayers
- Crowning and Engagement Prayers
- Pascha Prayers
- Prostration Prayers
- Liturgy of the Waters (Lakkan)
- Funerals (Men, Women, Boys, Girls, Monks, Memorials, and Prayer at the Tomb)
- Consecrations (Church, Vessels, Censers, Icons, Baptistery, Ordinations, Reception of a New Priest, and Home Blessing)
For more information about Coptic Reader, visit http://suscopts.org/wiki/Coptic_Reader
Please direct any comments or questions to:
What's New in Version 2.57
- BUG FIX: Fixed issue with Sundays of Thoout when the Coptic New Year is on a Sunday.
- Added readings to be used when the Crowning Ceremony is held as a part of a Divine Liturgy.
- Minor English translation edits.
Very creative app
This app is really help full my church uses it as its main church book. The only down side to it though that it doesn't have St. Thomas' Doxology in Arabic for the Arabic speakers it has it in English and Coptic which is very helpful though. Also it would be cool if you added Coptic-English or Coptic-Arabic.
This application is very helpful, easily you can find the reading that you're looking for, and every thing is organized thru the app
Best Bible app
Very well organized and easy interface.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Sep 13, 2016
- Version: 2.57
- Size: 55.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate D
- © Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Melodies and Distribution Hymns$4.99
- Crowning Prayers$1.99
- Unction of the Sick$1.99