By Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Coptic Reader is a mobile application that contains the liturgical text, rites, psalmodies, hymns, melodies, services, and sacraments of the Coptic Orthodox Church. See below for a full list of included content. Coptic Reader is not simply a text reader but rather it dynamically creates each document/service according to the rites of the current day, or selected day/feast. Coptic Reader builds each document on the fly with all appropriate hymns, rites and instructions to take the guess work out of the order of a church service.
Coptic Reader can generate documents in a combination of English, Arabic, and Coptic and supports both English and Arabic as the application interface language. Coptic Reader is fully customizable and allows you to show/hide different liturgical roles (i.e., Priest, Deacon, and Congregation), inaudible prayers, rubrics/comments, and languages.
You may choose between different graphical themes as well as change the document text size. A presentation mode is also supported that allows you to project the content in your church for a complete experience. The application also allows you to control which saint or archangel commemorations will be shown in doxologies, hymns, responses, and other prayers for your church's intercessors.
- Complete Bible including Coptic New Testament and Deuterocanonical books
- Book of Hours (Agpeya)
- Holy Psalmody including Midnight Praises, Vesper Praises, Morning Praises (Standard, Koiahk, Nativity, Theophany, Great Fast, Pentecostal, including all festal psalies)
- Antiphonary (Difnar)
- Divine Liturgies with integrated Service of the Deacons (St. Basil, St.Gregory, and St. Cyril, as well as Vespers and Matins service)
- Katameros (Sundays, Weekdays, Great Fast, Pentecostal, and feasts)
- Distribution Melodies
- Unction of the Sick
- Baptism Prayers
- Crowning and Engagement Prayers
- Pascha Prayers
- Prostration Prayers
- Liturgy of the Waters (Lakkan)
- Funerals (Men, Women, Boys, Girls, Monks, Memorials, and Prayer at the Tomb)
- Consecrations (Church, Vessels, Censers, Icons, Baptistery, Ordinations, Reception of a New Priest, and Home Blessing)
For more information about Coptic Reader, visit http://suscopts.org/wiki/Coptic_Reader
Please direct any comments or questions to:
What's New in Version 2.56
- BUG FIX: When the month of Mesore has 5 Sundays and Nesi does not have any Sundays, the 5th Sunday of Mesore should be considered the 1st Sunday of Nesi.
- Fixed miscellaneous capitalization, punctuation, and spelling mistakes.
- Changed 'marriage' to 'wedding' in the Gospel of the first watch of the Midnight hour.
- Exposition for St. Mary should only appear on the 21st of the month, and not everyday during St. Mary's fast.
- Minor English translation edits.
Amazing app for all my spiritual needs
Thanks to all the makers of this app. You'll find you need for your spiritual day to day nourishment, from biblical readings and Agpeya hourly prayers to liturgical prayers. It comes in all three languages: Coptic, English and Arabic. The translation is very chosen, studied and reviewed. May the Lord bless all of the makers and readers.
Best Bible app
Very well organized and easy interface.
Best Coptic reader
You can separate
In the setting the language.
If I want Arabic so I
Read only Englishon the screen and the same with the Arabic
Not both at the Same time.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Aug 25, 2016
- Version: 2.56
- Size: 54.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate D
- © Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern USA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Melodies and Distribution Hymns$4.99
- Crowning Prayers$1.99
- Unction of the Sick$1.99