CopyClip 2 is the slickest and most efficient premium clipboard manager for your Mac. Running discreetly from your menu bar, the app stores all text that you have copied or cut in the past, allowing you to quickly find that snippet of text you've been looking for.
- Ability to store up to 9999 clippings
- Option to paste clippings with the original formatting if desired
- Ability to search through clippings using the embedded search bar
- Keyboard shortcuts to paste clippings
- Right-click option to ‘pin’ chosen clippings to the top of the list
- You can exclude apps you wish not to copy clippings from
- Option to edit and delete individual clippings, as well as delete all clippings at once
- Toggle between Dark/Light user interface themes
- Works on both the menubar and the Dock
BENEFITS OF COPYCLIP 2:
- Improves your overall productivity, speed and efficiency
- Saves you time on the mundane task of cutting/copying/pasting
- All your recent copied items are stored on the app’s clipboard = less worries!
- Pinning items to the top of the list keeps those important clippings within easy reach
- The search bar helps to ensure anything you may have previously copied, is easy to find again
We've worked hard to make CopyClip 2 as simple and efficient as possible for you to use. We would love to hear your thoughts via email and make any improvements to future versions of this app. We intend to have an active development cycle powered by your feedback, love and support!
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for
I have used a clipboard manager for years and for the time I started using one, I couldn’t live without one! If I forget to install one when setting up a new computer, or if I am using someone else’s computer, I always end up losing clippings because these things work so great that I just assume they are saving my clips.
So I have always used one called FlyCut and it was always great, but I recently found myself wishing I could search through clips like I can on the one on my PC. So this one pops up a window where I can scroll through and also search - exactly what I was looking for.
I’m not sure what was wrong for the users that had problems. I just hit the configurable hotkey (I immediately changed it to Cmd-Shift-V) and then either type to search or hit up/down to select a clip then enter to paste. I can also hit esc, or click outside the window, to dismiss it - which another user claimed you couldn’t do. By default, the app just Copys the selected clip when you hit enter, you do have to select the Direct Paste option as others mentioned, but I didn’t need to DL anything… though maybe that’s because I had previously DL’d the trial version from their website. And that brings me to my next point - there is a trial if you go to the website, so you can try before you buy.
The one thing I’m surprised this app doesn’t do, since it’s a paid app, is cloud sync. But that’s not something I need, so five stars!
Great Time Saver
With built in copy/paste there isn’t a way to keep the copied item for later use (that I know of). This app will keep copied items for ever unless you personally delete them from the app. I find I go back to the app for copied items on a regular basis. The more I use it the better I like it. If you need to copy more than one item on a page you can copy everything you need at one time then select from Copy Clip what goes where and paste from Copy Clip. There used to be an application on computers called Clip Board it was useful the same way, guess it got lost in some upgrade. So glad Copy Clip filled the void.
I suspect the app is designed just to generate income - not provide any useful function.
1. The copy/paste window is static - can't be dismissed by clicking outside of it, hitting Esc, etc. - you can only dismiss it by clicking on the tray icon
note: this is in "keep above other windows settings" - just because I wan't it to pop up over the top of other windows, doesn't mean I don't want to be able to dismiss the window
2. the window can only be moved by click/dragging on the bottom of the window, not the title bar like you'd expect
3. paste doesn't even seem to actually work ... I have yet to get ANY Paste function to work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. when selecting the settings of "Paste Directly" in to active window (Hmm...maybe that makes paste work?) - I'm presented with a dialog to install a "small helper utility" from some 3rd party website ... uh ... hell no !! so I have no idea if that will enable paste functionality, steal all of my clipboard history, slam a trojan in place ... or ... what ?
5. the shortcut keys can't be used - because just about every other app out there wants to map Command-1, 2, 3, etc... to something - and the keyboard shortcuts can't be changed in preferences
IN SHORT - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY !!!!!!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.