Copy'em Paste - A Superior Clipboard Manager
By Hoi Chang
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Copy'em Paste is a simple-yet-powerful clipboard tool for dramatically speeding up your daily copy-and-paste workflow. It automatically keeps your copied text, images, links, screenshots, etc., and lets you recall/paste them anytime, right at your fingertips. Use it to copy items consecutively and then paste them (without the usual, back-and-forward copy/paste round trips), store favorite clippings permanently, take screenshots without clogging up your desktop, collect data for research, expedite pasting of clippings, transform pasted text, organize clippings into lists, and so on. All done with amazing speed, making it a time-saving, highly valuable productivity tool!
- Automatically remembers the things copied by regular copy/cut commands
- Can store unlimited number of clippings
- Accepts text, images, links, HTML, code, PDFs, files, and clippings of proprietary formats
- Instant access to clippings via menubar or customizable Command-Shift-V
- Can paste clippings via drag-and-drop into target applications
- Can be configured to paste into VNC, NoMachine, Parallels, etc.
- Batch pasting of multiple snippets
- Can paste clippings with local shortcuts ('0' to '9' and 'a' to 'z')
- Can paste clippings with unlimited number of global shortcuts
- Plain-text mode option to paste any rich text as plain text
- Hold Option key to switch between pasting text as plain text or rich text (i.e., temporarily do the opposite of plain-text mode)
- Text transformation options (capitalization, line-unwrapping, stripping whitespace, adding prefixes/suffixes, etc.)
- Can enable/disable text transformations with global shortcuts
- Press Space or Left-Arrow key to preview clippings in a large, resizable popover window
- Unlimited number of lists for you to organize your favorite clippings
- Auto-star mode where newly arrived clippings are automatically put into the current starred list
- Fast switching between lists via app-local shortcuts (such as Command-1, Command-2, etc.)
- Use swiping or Command-[ and Command-] shortcuts to navigate backward and forward between lists
- Sort clippings by creation dates, most-recently-used dates, and paste frequency, etc.
- Rearrange clippings in starred lists via drag-and-drop
- Find clippings by search, content-type filtering, and application-name filtering
- Fast searching, with search-as-you-type, and options to auto-focus and auto-clear the search field
- Can edit text clippings
- Can assign names to clippings or edit them
- Open clippings window next to current mouse location (in order to minimize mouse movement)
- Option to keep the window open after each paste operation; by default, the window automatically closes after use
- Capture screenshots (full screen, windows, selected areas, etc.) as clippings
- Blacklist applications, so clippings from them won't be saved
- Stop (or resume) collecting new clippings
- Can delete selected clippings, selected sets, or entire lists
- Change the theme, with option to show text clippings in original colors or grayscale
- Automatically switch theme according to the OS X theme setting
- Option to play sounds when copying and/or pasting
If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com. If you enjoy using Copy'em Paste, please leave us a review and support us!
What's New in Version 2.3.2
- Fixed the issue where pasting could become sluggish when “Play Sound When Pasting” was enabled
- Fixed the issue where TeamViewer clippings could still get recorded even after TeamViewer was blacklisted
- Fixed the issue where the app window wasn't automatically hidden when capturing an area
- Fixed the issue where Japanese text copied from Adobe Illustrator was displayed incorrectly
- Fixed the issue where the app would crash upon loading a malformed clipping copied from Safari
Excellent pasteboard app
I’ve used PTH Pasteboard, Launchbar, Butler, and several other pasteboard apps and this ranks highly among them. Its price makes it a very palatable option and does just what it says without all the extra workflow/automation features of Butler or Lauchbar’s toolsets. I rated it four stars rather than five because that’s my standard scale - five represents a standard very few applications meet, although this is an excellent app that comes remarkably close. It is the most Apple-like pasteboard tool of any I’ve tried, meaning that on its face it offeres the simple clipboard history most often needed without fuss and below that, offers a broad array of features, some like saved text snippets that might give you thought of replacing Textexpander.
An outstanding clipboard manager!
I was a long time user of PTH Pasteboard, which is no longer being developed. I looked for quite a while at the alternatives available, and all save Copy’em Paste were lacking in one way or another. CeP “just works,” is unobtrusive, but is there when one needs it.
I’ve now used CeP for well over a year, and it just gets better!
Saves tons of time, reliable app with good feature set
This is the second clipboard manager I have tried and it will be the one I stick with. It’s stable with a good feature set and I use it constantly throughout the day. Full installation requires a free helper app by the same developer be installed, but that was very straightforward. Hightly recommended.