Copy'em Paste is a powerful clipboard manager for turbocharging your daily workflow. It records your clipboard history of copied text, images, links, and screenshots, etc., and lets you recall/paste them anytime, right at your fingertips. Use it to copy and paste items in batches (so minimizing switching between apps), capture screenshots and collect research data, store favorite clippings permanently, paste frequent snippets via keyboard shortcuts, strip text formats or transform text, organize clippings into different lists, sort and label them, look them up by keywords/types, preview and edit their text, and so on. All done with speed and reliability. It is a valuable time-saver that is both rich in features and easy to use!
- Automatically remembers the things copied by regular copy/cut commands
- Accepts text, images, links, HTML, code, PDFs, files, and clippings of proprietary formats
- Can store unlimited number of clippings
- Click the app's menubar icon or press Command-Shift-V (customizable) to open the clippings window
- Can paste clippings via drag-and-drop into target applications
- Can be configured to paste into VNC, NoMachine, Parallels, etc.
- Batch pasting of multiple snippets
- Can paste clippings with local shortcuts ('0' to '9' and 'a' to 'z')
- Can paste clippings with unlimited number of global shortcuts
- Plain-text mode option to paste any rich text as plain text
- Hold Option key to switch between pasting text as plain text or rich text (i.e., temporarily do the opposite of plain-text mode)
- Text transformation options (capitalization, line-unwrapping, stripping whitespace, adding prefixes/suffixes, etc.)
- Option to paste text clippings as files
- Option to paste image clippings as files of original or different image formats
- Can enable/disable paste transformations with global shortcuts
- Press Space or Left-Arrow key to preview clippings in a large, resizable popover window
- Unlimited number of lists for you to organize your favorite clippings
- Auto-star mode where newly arrived clippings are automatically put into the current starred list
- Fast switching between lists via app-local shortcuts (such as Command-1, Command-2, etc.)
- Use swiping or Command-[ and Command-] shortcuts to navigate backward and forward between lists
- Sort clippings by drag-and-drop, creation dates, most-recently-used dates, and paste frequency, etc.
- Rearrange clippings in starred lists via drag-and-drop
- Find clippings by search, content-type filtering, and application-name filtering
- Fast searching, with search-as-you-type, and options to auto-focus and auto-clear the search field
- Can edit text clippings
- Can assign names to clippings or edit them
- Open clippings window next to current mouse location (in order to minimize mouse movement)
- Option to keep the window open after each paste operation; by default, the window automatically closes after use
- Capture screenshots (full screen, windows, selected areas, etc.) as clippings
- Blacklist applications, so clippings from them won't be saved
- Stop (or resume) collecting new clippings
- Can delete selected clippings, selected sets, or entire lists
- Change the theme, with option to show text clippings in original colors or grayscale
- Automatically switch theme according to the OS X theme setting
- Option to play sounds when copying and/or pasting
UPGRADE (in-app purchase)
- Export all or selected clippings to disk, and import them back on any Mac; e.g., use them as backups or share them
- Automatically sync your clippings and preferences through your own iCloud account
If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you enjoy using Copy'em Paste, please leave us a review and support us!
- Fixed a critical bug that caused the app to crash on machines running macOS 10.12 or older OS versions.
New in 2.6.0:
- New: Option to display the menubar icon in color. (To disable it, toggle Preferences > Menubar Icon > Color Icon.)
- New: Option to paste text clippings as files. (Enable it under the vertical '...' button.)
- New: Option to paste image clippings as files of original or different image formats. (Enable it under the vertical '...' button.)
- You can now blacklist SecurityAgent in /System/Library/Frameworks/Security.framework/Versions/A/MachServices folder
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The definitive Clipboard Manager destined to become a Classic Mac App!
A request for the developer: Please take a look at how Copy’em Paste interacts with Alfred’s Snippet Expansion feature. The expanded snippet is making its way into the permanent clippings store of Copy’em Paste each time a user expands text with Alfred. I don’t think this is the intended behavior, as it seems that the clippings store should just retain the last intentionally copied item and ignore or discard the expanded snippet. Thank you for your continued support of this world-class application!
If you do any kind of writing on a Mac, you need a Clipboard History App that will extend your capabilities and make it easier to get your work done. Copy’em Paste is the best and most capable App to transform how you think about and use the Clipboard for your work. It is packed with Power user features like Batch Pasting and automatic text transformations that you can change on the fly by using custom keyboard shortcuts. Copy’em Paste also handles rich text, plain text and media with aplomb. You can easily reorder clippings, quickly delete items, batch select multiple elements and instantly Paste them by pressing the Return key (Free Helper App required). The clippings viewer window is designed to effectively display your copied items with only the most important information. Click the expand item button for an extended in-line view or press the Spacebar to invoke the Quick View feature which places your text and images on a larger canvas where you can even edit text. One thing I’d like to see added to Quick View is the display of word and character count information for text items.
Copy’em Paste is built to help you get valuable work done in the best way possible. And behind it all stands a developer dedicated to excellence. The app is frequently updated to keep it running smoothly with each new macOS version. And when you have a question about how to use the app to get your work done, the developer is there to offer thoughtful suggestions that are right on the mark and delivered in a timely fashion. To top it all off, the app is priced quite nicely for the level of power offered and the continued Support from the developer to keep everything humming along. It is well worth it and then some.
It was a pleasure to write this review in support of great Mac applications and the great developers behind them. They are responsible for building the tremendous value of the platform. And this is why I use a Mac and no other.
The best and only clipboard manager you'll ever need
I've used over a dozen clipboard managers over the years and this is the best by far. I rarely write reviews but after using this app for the past 4 years I wanted to write a review to compliment the developer and encourage him to continue development of this app.
There are a lot of hidden features that make this more than just a clipboard manager. You could use it as a place to store notes by creating starred lists and then name each clipping.
An essential tool and the best of class
I don't know how anyone can work without a clipboard application and I've used lots of them. Copy'em Paste is the best.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.