Copy'em Paste - A Superior Clipboard Manager
By Hoi Chang
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** 30% OFF for a limited time ***
Copy'em Paste is a powerful menulet that make your copy/paste operations super easy and blazing fast! It remembers the things you copy (text, images, screenshots, files…), and lets you quickly recall and paste them, right where your mouse cursor is. Use it to recover lost clippings, strip text formats, do bulk copying/pasting, collect favorite clippings just by using copy commands, and so on. It can do lots of things that many clipboard tools can’t!
- Automatically remembers the things copied by regular copy/cut commands
- Can store unlimited starred clippings, and as many as 999 unstarred ones
- Accepts text, images, links, HTML, code, PDFs, files — anything you can copy
- Instant access to clippings via menubar or ⌘-Shift-V (customizable shortcut)
- Plain-text mode option to paste any rich text as plain text
- Text transformation options (capitalization, stripping whitespace, adding prefixes/suffixes, etc.)
- Batch pasting of multiple text snippets
- Unlimited number of lists for you to organize your favorite clippings
- Auto-star mode where newly arrived clippings are automatically put into the current starred list (a handy way to collect clippings about a topic)
- Fast switching between lists via app-local shortcuts (such as ⌘1, ⌘2, etc.)
- Sort clippings by their creation dates, most-recently-used dates, and how often clippings are pasted, etc.
- Rearrange starred clippings via drag-and-drop
- Find clippings by search, content-type filtering, and application-name filtering
- Option to preview text and image clippings in full
- Edit text clippings (add/remove/replace text)
- Open clippings window next to current mouse location (in order to minimize mouse movement)
- Option to keep the window open after each paste operation; by default, the window automatically closes (gets out of your way) after use
- Capture screenshots (full screen, windows, selected areas, etc.) as clippings
- Blacklist applications, so clippings from them won't be saved
- Stop (or resume) collecting new clippings
- Can delete selected clippings, selected sets, or entire lists
- Change the theme, with option to show text clippings in original colors or grayscale
HOW TO USE IT (EXAMPLE)
To paste one of its clippings, simply:
(1) Press ⌘-Shift-V (or click the menubar icon) to see the clippings
(2) Click the clipping (or press a local keyboard shortcut) to select it
**(3) Using a regular paste command (such as ⌘V) to paste it
**You can skip Step 3 altogether, by simply installing a free auto-paste helper app, available from our website. Then Step 2 above will automatically paste the clipping for you.
If you have questions or suggestions, please email us at email@example.com. If you enjoy using Copy'em Paste, please leave us a review and support us!
What's New in Version 2.0.0
- New Auto-Star mode to automatically collect new clippings into a starred list
- New sort orders to order clippings, and reverse them
- New option to rearrange clippings in starred lists via drag-&-drop
- New option to paste clippings quickly, using configurable single-key shortcuts
- New "Daylight" theme, and option to display text in colors or grayscale
- New icons for starred lists
- New option to hide the menubar icon
- You can now select multiple rows, by using ⌘-Click, Shift-Click, or ⌘A
- You can now apply group actions to multiple selected rows (right-click on one of them and then select a group action from the context menu)
- Moved the "Edit Text..." option to the clippings' context menu (right-click on a text clipping to access it)
- Other UI enhancements and bug fixes
If you like this version, please leave us an updated review. Thanks for your support!
Very close to pth pateboard
I’m a power user and I was basically looking for a PTH pasteboard replacement. I looked over the options in the app store. I don't have time to try them all but I have used all the major one's in the past. Since I could not longer use PTH I started using the built in clipboard manager of Keyboard Maestro. Its ok but I wanted more options like quick keyboard shortcuts to quickly select a particular clipping. So far I am not disappointed with Copy’em. At this point I just wish it let me save in iCloud or dropbox so my clippings were in sync on all my machines.
Note: Most of these clipboard managers do basically the same thing. Some of them like iClip try to get you with a very imaginative UI. This the kind of utility you want to be fast and as simple as possible with all the bells and whistles you are going to use, not a bunch that are there just o create a long feature list or cool screen shots of the program. Copy`em strikes the right balance.
Fantastic APP that I use quite often during my work day.
I’m a network test engineer. So my job requires lots of network configuration manipulations. Many times I’ve had to keep lots of little text files open so I could do quick copy and pastes of different snippets of network configurations or grab multiple log entries as part of my job. With this tool I no longer need to keep all those text files open.
I had the great fortune to get to download this developers “free trial” version of this app prior to his removal of it. I have to admit I think he removed it because it was “too good” a trial version. Yet I felt it was worth my purchasing this app even though the trial version did “95%” of what I use this for. It’s good to support developers that produce great products.
The ability to turn on and off the helper app. For most things, the helper app works great, but for my work I use many VNC connections to linux boxes and the paste from the helper app just puts the letter “v” on the screen as the “cmd-v” does not work in those windows. So if I could have a quick keystroke that would just copy the info to the clipboard instead of trying to paste as well that would save me the hassle of having to delete the unwanted “v” character prior to me doing the paste in my VNC window. It’s a small gripe, but would love to see that feature added.
A Must Have Time Saving App!
I do a lot of cutting and pasting. I tried several of the other paid apps and the apps did not measure up anywhere close to your app. I love that you can star your most used copied text. I love the fact you can add lists and move the text there. I love that you can open the app on the desktop by using short cut key strokes. I guess you can say I am in love. Just don’t tell my wife. I will be using this app many times a day.
Moreover, I love the fact that you can change the case format of words (i.e. the copied text is lower case and you can past all caps). I was manually doing that multiple times a day. Now I do not have too.
YOU JUST DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH TIME YOU HAVE SAVED ME. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!