Explore underwater with sea creatures. Play and learn about sharks, octopuses, sea turtles, jellyfish, and more. Discover how sea creatures live together in an ecosystem.
Coral Reef is No. 10 in Tinybop’s award-winning Explorer’s Library, a series of apps designed to introduce kids to big ideas. Other Explorer’s Library apps include The Human Body, Plants, Simple Machines, The Earth, Weather, Homes, Skyscrapers, Space, and Mammals.
Each Explorer’s Library app teaches kids foundational science. Kids learn by playing, observing, asking questions, making guesses, and finding answers. We hope each app inspires conversations between you and your kids and sparks more learning in the world around us.
○ Play with and learn about sea life, including: black tip reef sharks, green sea turtles, big blue octopuses, box jellyfish, clownfish, magnificent sea anemones, blue sea stars, peacock mantis shrimp, parrotfishes, yellow tangs, cleaner fishes, staghorn corals, crabs, sea grasses, and zooplankton.
○ Start a shark feeding frenzy! Find out how other fish survive.
○ Play hide and seek with octopuses.
○ Help sea turtles get clean.
○ Try to save crabs from a punching shrimp!
○ Watch food travel through a jellyfish.
○ Find out how sea stars clean up detritus.
○ See how parrotfish help keep coral reefs healthy.
○ Discover how the sun helps algae and sea plants grow into food for sea creatures.
○ Find out what kinds of sea creatures are carnivores, omnivores, herbivores, and detritivores.
○ Interactive text labels in 20+ languages teach vocabulary.
○ FREE Coral Reef Handbook has technology tips and basic info for teachers and parents.
○ Aligns with school curriculums.
○ Fun for the whole family — play and learn together.
○ No third-party advertising.
○ Open-ended activities with no rules. Curiosity and creativity are rewarded.
○ Original artwork by Wenjia Tang.
○ Original sound design.
Our expert-reviewed handbook is full of facts, interaction hints, and discussion questions to support learning in this app, in the classroom or at home. Download in your app or at: http://tinybop.com/handbooks.
We take your and your child’s privacy very seriously. We do not collect or share personal information about your child, nor do we allow any third-party advertising.
When the camera, microphone, and other services are used within an app, your information is neither collected nor distributed outside of the app.
Tinybop, Inc. is a Brooklyn-based studio of designers, engineers, and artists. We make toys for tomorrow. We’re all over the internet.
Visit us: www.tinybop.com
Follow us: twitter.com/tinybop
Like us: facebook.com/tinybop
Peek behind the scenes: instagram.com/tinybop
We love hearing your stories! Reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Psst! It's not Tiny Bop, or Tiny Bob, or Tiny Pop. It's Tinybop. :)
Minor improvements. >((((('> >((((('> °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
Ratings and Reviews
Light on substance
This app has beautiful graphics and interface like all the other Tinybop apps. But, what happened to the substance? I know that other Tinybop apps (like the Human Body), there’s so much information about what everything is and does. This app would be greatly improved by adding in descriptions of what are the different animals, why is it important what they do, how it’s critical for the environment and the health of our coral reefs etc. Voiceovers describing everything would be great.
Hi & thank you for the feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please email email@example.com. Thank you! 😊
My kids love all the sea creatures there are to play with! Making them interact and eat each other is their favorite part! Also they get a kick out of cleaning off the turtle and seeing her give out hearts 💕
It’s only interesting for a few moments and then they never look at it again (speaking of kids of course) it looked interesting and maybe it helps children learn more of the marine life out there but it just isn’t that interesting. There are also very few things to do. Sorry🤷♀️
Hi! Thank you for the feedback & we're sorry to hear that you didn't find the app very interesting. Is there anything that you would like to see added to the app? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any ideas that you make have. Thanks! 🙏
- Tinybop Inc.
- 166.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Basque, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malayalam, Manx, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Tibetan, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.