CORE is your portable, expert reference tool for diagnosing musculoskeletal and orthopedic disorders. The Clinical Orthopedic Exam offers you a robust database of over 400 clinical tests with descriptions on how to perform them, video demonstrations, diagnostic properties and links to supporting medical references. Click “…More” to learn why you should download this powerful resource App today!
“CORE has set the standard for a clinical exam app. The most striking feature of this app, in addition to the vast collection of tests and videos, is actually the “properties” tab. For every test, data is presented regarding the sensitivity, specificity, likelihood ratio, accuracy and other relevant statistical tests based on primary literature references. These lists are incredibly complete. This is a feature that I have not seen replicated by any other orthopaedic reference."
- TopOrthoApps.com (Mobile App Reviews for Orthopaedic Surgeons - Featured by AAOS)
“CORE app for the iPhone is a wonderful reference for many clinicians, including, but not limited to, physical therapists, athletic trainers, orthopaedic surgeons, nurses, primary care physicians, and emergency room physicians. The app is user friendly and easy to navigate. The authors have undoubtedly put many hours of work into this application and it shows. I would recommend this to all clinicians who perform orthopedic examinations."
- Journal of Orthopaedic & Sports Physical Therapy (JOSPT), April 2011 (Book Reviews)
“CORE is a great addition to the burgeoning collection of medical applications on the iPhone...If their first application is any indication, it seems we will have more to celebrate in the future. ...excellent application for doing the musculoskeletal portion of the physical exam. ....stress how this is a great medical application for primary care physicians. All primary care physicians know how important a strong musculoskeletal physical exam can be, as they are often the first line for presenting symptoms.”
The physical exam is an important part of the overall evaluation, and maneuvers/special tests are often used to evaluate and diagnose the patient.
For almost every musculoskeletal ailment, there is a specific physical maneuver to perform. The results of that test indicate a positive or negative finding, providing a further clue to the diagnosis.
Often, there are several tests for each issue. Some are better for diagnosis than others. That’s where CORE comes to the rescue.
This useful little app contains over 400 medically referenced physical exam maneuvers. All the extremities are covered, as well as the spine. You get step-by-step text and video on how to perform the examination and a quick summary of references for each exam.
CORE is the app you need for making your evidence-based, clinical diagnosis. Check out the CORE features:
* Powerful pocket reference with periodic updates of emerging research
* Almost 250 clinical tests to aid in diagnosis for musculoskeletal and orthopedic disorders
* Covers tendinous, neuropathic, ligamentous problems for each body part
* Descriptions on how to perform each test
* Video demonstrations (streaming and with audio)
* Diagnostic properties (reliability and validity)
* Links to supporting medical references
* Reference reviews via abstracts in PUBMed
* Free updates when new tests are available in the literature, or new studies with diagnostic properties for old tests are published (No need to “buy a newer edition”)
* Now optimized for iPad!
* Please note that STREAMING VIDEO DEMONSTRATION OF CLINICAL TESTS AND PUBMED REFERENCE REVIEW REQUIRE AN ACTIVE NETWORK CONNECTION and have NO AUDIO. There is an in-app purchase option that lets you download all the videos WITH AUDIO to store on your device independent of network connection.
Download CORE now, the ultimate pocket reference for musculoskeletal diagnosis.
-iOS 9 support
Ratings and Reviews
Wonder for Manual Therapists
I've used this app to stay current on orthopedic exams and love how it links to the primary articles in PubMed. Also, I've used this app in an educational setting and the videos add a lot to students' understanding. Love it!
Excellent Clinical Resource
Excellent clinical tool for discerning appropriate tests and measures in the clinic or reviewing outside. There is good structural organization by body region and clinical categories. Comprehensive explanations are provided via text and high quality demonstrative videos are linked. Supportive literature is provided for each test when available and evidence based tutorials and keys are provided for the novice EBP clinician. The number of tests can be a bit overwhelming, however, with minimal effort at looking at the available properties it is easy to select the most valuable procedures. There is an easy favorite tag feature to short-cup to commonly used tests or ones of special interest.
Excellent resource for any clinician working with musculoskeletal complaints at all levels.
Tom Denninger, PT, DPT
Good, but incomplete
This application's features are really, really nice. Everything it claims to do, it does well, and quickly. Unfortunately, it is missing a lot exams, and is therefore limited in its usefulness. Suggestion: take an orthopedic examination reference text (like Evans, for instance) and fill out the application with these examinations, using the literature reviews referenced within the text or texts. The application could then easily be updated as newer research is published or otherwise made available.
At this point, I wouldn't say the app is worth the $40 purchase price simply due the issue outlined above. $5.99 is reasonable for the video download, however. Here's to hoping the app gets a significant content upgrade. Again, the interface is very good, no need to change that too much.
- Clinically Relevant Technologies
- 10.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © CRTech, LLC 2015
- In-App Purchases
- CORE Exam Videos $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.