Get the most out of your Meridian Digital Media System by using your iPad as a rich wireless controller. The Core Control app lets you take full advantage of Meridian's award-winning digital media system to store, manage, browse, and play the highest quality audio in multiple zones around your home.
NOTE: This app requires a Meridian Digital Media System running version 2.368 or later. This version of the app does not currently support systems using linked zones. To learn more about Meridian products, visit the Meridian web site at http://www.meridian-audio.com/
The Core Control app from Meridian connects to your WiFi network, locates your Meridian system and connects to it automatically... no configuration is necessary. Once connected, you can browse your music and control all aspects of playback in all your system's zones.
The Meridian Digital Media System offers you many ways to explore your music collection: browse by artist, genre, release date, import date, or using tags you create yourself. Control how you listen to your playlists using shuffle, loop, and the unique Swim mode, which uses your preferences to select music for you.
Quick search allows you to enter text using the on-screen keyboard, and displays album and track results as you type.
Play different music in each room of your home. Use transport and seek to control playback in each of your zones independently. Control the volume of the outputs of your Meridian system, or even your Meridian processor or DSP loudspeakers directly.
Create or load playlists, then edit and save them right from your iPad.
Using the built in Focus feature, you can create custom tailored music collections -- like "Hard Rock from the 1970's", "Top-rated Post-Bop Jazz", or "Most-played albums featuring Yo-Yo Ma" -- and recall them at a touch from the Core Control app.
- WiFi auto-discovery
- Graphical browser featuring album cover art with the ability to focus on albums and view their metadata
- Select and Edit mode allowing editing of tags, genres and the creation of album sets
- Internet radio channel browser
- Transfer play queues between zones
- Transport control
- Volume and mute controls
- Control multiple zone playback
- Browse by artist, genre, release date, import date, tags
- Shuffle, Loop, and Seek
- Swim chooses music for you
- Quick Search using on-screen keyboard
- Create, Load, Edit, and Save playlists
Ratings and Reviews
Added Tidal integration, but still work in progress
Tidal Integration Issues:
1. Tidal “Explore” menu very clunky, can only load 20 items at a time, have to keep hitting “more” to get to the bottom, completely unusable for large collection or listings.
2. “Artist” and “Album” listings not broken up in alphabetical subgroups, takes forever to scroll down to bottom.
3. “Search” function is dumb & not predictive, needs to be improved.
4. Cannot add album to Sooloos Library on “Queue” page. Touch on the Album art, will launch pop up window to add album to library, but nothing happens after confirm.
5. Poor metadata supports & database for Tidal albums, and in general.
6. Track skipping from time to time.
1. Edit mode menu buttons too large for Portrait orientation. All the buttons overlaps on top of each other if “Button Shape” is enabled.
2. Function buttons on “Queue” page not spaced out evenly.
3. Relaunch hangs intermittently, has to complete close the program & relaunch.
4. Not all functions on Control 10/15 are available on the iPad App.
Good effort, but still needs work
While a huge improvement over the original app, it still falls short.
The Control 10 sorts left to right and top to bottom, whereas this app sorts top to bottom and left to right.
Using ControlPC to update an album cover does not update the album cover within the app. In fact, the album cover is now blank.
If the user is browsing albums beginning with "T" for instance, and the user steps away for a moment, long enough for the iPad to turn off, when returning to the app, the screen will flash and the place the user was last viewing is lost and the albums are displayed beginning on the first page.
Such little things, but it impacts usability and is not a consistent user experience across all software products.
Good app but fixes still required
App would be great if everything worked the way it was supposed to. Imported album covers still showing gray and while now at times radio station pictures are visible, at times no pictures can be seen and then the only option is to switch to list view - unfortunately.
Meridian systems truly are high end and high price. So the app must work flawlessly to live up to expectations.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.