Corel Paint it! Show
By Corel Corporation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The slideshow that turns your photos into amazing works of art!
Corel® Paint it!™ Show is the world's first photo slideshow app to transform your iPad™ into a portable art gallery. Sit back and watch your favorite pictures from Facebook® or your iPad Photo Library morph into paintings, right before your eyes. It’s a photo viewing experience unlike any other!
• Easily select your favorite photos from Facebook or your iPad Photo Library
• Watch your photos turn into a unique, painted slideshow
• Choose from five realistic painting effects
• Tap the screen at any time to pause the slideshow and share your photo-paintings by Facebook or email
• Go back and review up to 100 paintings within the same viewing session
• Save photo-paintings to your iPad's Photo Library
• Listen to your favorite music as you watch with built-in iPod® support
• Easily control the painting effects and slide transitions
Visit www.corel.com/paintitshow to learn more.
See Paint it! Show in action at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGldXXeqtq0
What's New in Version 1.11
You asked, we listened!
• Increased paint rendering speeds by average of 25%
• Support for iOS 4.2 Fast App Switching
• Optional Progress Bar indicates painting progress
• Thumbnail view that helps you easily review and share previously painted images
• Paint and Share feature option that lets you pause the slideshow at the end of each painting to Save and Share your photos
• Minor stability enhancements
This app is amazing!
I just downloaded and installed this app and ran it for the first time.
It is true that the first time I opened it, it hung and I had to reset it. But afterwards it worked like a charm. I have one of the New iPads, so I cannot imagine how frustrated this process must be for those who have an iPad 2, or worse, one of the original iPads.
This app is basically an automated process of what its big sister, Corel Painter 12, accomplishes when you know what you're doing.
First, you select the photos that you want to process, either from your photo library or from your Facebook account. And then you choose the style of the painting that you want for each one of the photos. And the rest is handled automatically by the app. Just sit back and watch how your photos get turned into painted masterpieces that you can then share with your family and friends.
This app rocks!
Impressive Effect + Instability = Barely Usable
I love the effect of this app so much that I've attempted to use it on device after device, ranging from any iPos Touch to the first iPad to two iPhone 5's and now the iPad Air 2.
In all this time, Corel has had more than enough time to address the issue of the debilitating instability that nearly every user has reported, but under iPad Air 2, the problem is worse than ever. I used to be able to limit the problem by always emptying the queue before closing the app--now, even that is insufficient to keep the app from crashing at every turn.
Until they fix the instability issue, don't bother with this one.
This app worked wonderfully for a short time, but now crashes when I open it. The most frustrating thing is that there does not appear to be any way to contact the developer. Clicking on the App Support button brings you to Corel's web site, but there does not appear to be a way to contact them about this product.