Microsoft Cortana is your smart personal assistant. She helps you keep track of your most important stuff, across all your devices. Cortana responds to your voice and has an answer for what you need.
Cortana wants to know your favorite things. Tell Cortana your favorite artists or sports teams, and she will give you timely and relevant updates.
Cortana helps you stay on top of things, 24 hours a day:
- The latest news stories, served fresh and personalized to your interests.
- Track your important flights and incoming packages.
- Calendar awareness. If traffic is a mess and you need to leave home early to make that meeting, Cortana has got your back.
- Reminders based on location. Have Cortana remind you to buy groceries when you drive past the local supermarket.
- Reminders based on commitments. Have Cortana remind you to follow up when you promise someone something over email.
Here are some things that you can say to Cortana:
- "Remind me to buy groceries."
- "Start a shopping list."
- "Tell me something interesting."
- "Bitcoin to USD."
- "What's my schedule today?"
- "Where's the nearest Starbucks?"
- "What's up?"
- "Will it rain this weekend?"
Cortana is constantly learning, with new capabilities being released every month. We encourage you to give Cortana a try and share your feedback with us.
What’s new in Cortana 2.6.17:
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
This saved me after switching from windows phone, but Apple should let it do more.
The iPhone and this app would be better off if Apple would allow it to show more info in the top drop down menu, or show up on the lock screen. The best parts that made the Windows Phone so spectacular at scheduling, automating, and communication are lacking in iPhone. This could help with that. Overall this app helps bring you a little office365 windows comfort to your iPhone. That is great! If only it made the audio sound as good as the Windows Lumia 950. It does not have Cortana news like Windows did either. You will need to get used to swiping open the left lock screen to review Cortana info.
Almost as Good as on Windows phone
As someone who uses a Windows 10 phone, a Surface Pro 3, and a Windows 10 laptop, I love that Microsoft has taken the road less traveled and given other platforms access to some of its popular software (still waiting for Google and Apple to do that). This Cortana app, along with Office, OneDrive, Xbox, Groove, Skype, etc. allow me to more or less avoid using the built-in iOS applications, giving my iPad another shot at being useful in some way. Of course, the nature of iOS keeps Cortana from being as integrated as it is on Windows, but it's still a lot better than Siri. A lot, LOT better than Siri.
Lack of integration with OS limits
If you use Windows 10, particularly mobile then you already know and are comfortable with Cortana and most likely love her. This app provides the familiar experience, information and services. Unfortunately, since it is unable to integrate fully with iOS and usurp Siri the app lacks a little compared to what you may be accustomed to. This isn't a Cortana issue, but a Siri issue. Hopefully, Microsoft will bring us a mobile Windows 10 device with telephony soon. Or maybe Apple might realize that they don't have the AI thing right. But until now this is adequate when you must leave your PC.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 152.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.