By Whimsical Productions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Cortex Camera Takes Great Low Light iPhone Photos”
“In my experience, I found that Cortex Camera greatly reduced noise in low-light conditions. And I was able to get crisp shots without the need for a stand or tripod.”
Cortex Camera improves on your device’s already excellent camera to achieve quality that rivals a DSLR. It combines dozens of exposures to create a single noise free, high resolution photo. If you want the best quality for a static scene and you aren't carrying a bulky DSLR with you, Cortex Cam is an excellent alternative.
PLEASE NOTE that while a tripod is not required, the camera must be held steady and your subject must be still for the duration of the exposure, which takes 2-10 seconds with default settings.
In addition to the image quality benefits mentioned above, Cortex Cam also enables long exposure effects such as motion blur and soft water. Switch off the "remove motion blur" option to capture these effects.
Cortex Cam is all about achieving the best image quality possible on a mobile device. It uses RAW data (when available) to increase sharpness and image detail. Professional exposure controls (including shutter priority, ISO priority, and full manual) enable great photos even in the most challenging lighting situations. It may not replace your DSLR (or the default camera app for that matter), but for certain situations you will find it indispensable.
- Advanced image processing techniques combine information from multiple frames to remove noise and increase resolution.
- Motion compensation enables hand-held long exposure photography.
- The “enhance shadows” option brightens dark areas of your photos without making them look unnatural or processed.
- Uses RAW data as input to increase sharpness and image detail (iPhone 6s, 7, 6s plus, 7 plus, SE and iPad Pro only).
- Supports JPEG or TIFF file formats.
- Supports telephoto lens on iPhone 7 plus.
- Manually choose to combine 10-99 frames or let Cortex Cam automatically determine number of frames.
- Includes support for front camera, shutter timer, and grid overlay.
- Most of all, image quality! The majority of development time has been spent on making image quality unreasonably good for a mobile device.
Image resolution depends on which device you’re using:
iPhone 6s, 6s plus, 7, 7 plus: 27 megapixels
iPhone 5s, 6, 6 plus: 18 megapixels
iPhone 5: 12.5 megapixels
iPhone 4s, iPad 3, and iPod touch 5G: 8 megapixels
iPad 2: 2 megapixels
Follow @CortexCamera on twitter for more Cortex Camera goodness!
What's New in Version 2.12
* Option to switch between raw and video input (video input was used prior to version 2.1)
* Several raw improvements: fixed purple artifacts in very low light, auto detect contrast, fixed enhance shadows brightening too much near edges
* Fixed crash on iPhone 5s, 6 and 6 plus
* Cortex Cam now uses raw data as input! Using raw data allows for even better image detail and improved zooming. Raw data is only available on devices with 13 MP cameras. Note that Cortex Cam processes the raw data to produce a JPG or TIFF image and does not currently output raw images.
* Support for TIFF format
* Option to use telephoto lens on iPhone 7 plus
* Fixed front camera on iPhone 7, fixed countdown timer, improved focus reliability, and many other bug fixes
Great low-light photos, even without a tripod, and an easy to use interface.
Still one of the best!
Great app. Buy!
Please remove shutter sound!
I am Korean user.
Camera shutter sound is very loud.
Please give me silent shutter.