Cosmicast is a beautiful podcast player built with iOS design guidelines in mind. It’s as useful as it is gorgeous. With a customizable grid layout and three sets of themes to choose from, it’s most definitely a podcast player for you.
There are no complicated user accounts or settings to configure. You can pick it up and get started immediately. This is made even faster with OPML podcast importing, and a handy discover section that’s categorized effectively in a minimal manner to show you only what you want to see.
The stunning podcast player makes listening to your favorite podcasts a joy, and tapping the large controls give you a wonderful haptic response. Long-holding certain buttons presents further options to enhance your experience and fine-tune aspects of the app. The player is always accessible from any page via a swipe up gesture with two fingers. Awesome.
We’ve also thrown in some cool things like Drag and Drop podcast rearranging, 3D Touch support, iMessage Stickers, and Siri Shortcuts! We hope you enjoy using Cosmicast!
- Beautiful and clean interface
- Light mode, dark mode, and true black dark mode
- Column grid sizing
- Discover new podcasts by genre or region
- Search for or paste podcast URLs to add them
- Download episodes for offline playback
- No account required
- Supercharged podcast player, accessible from any screen with a swipe up gesture using two fingers
- Long-hold the skip duration buttons to change the durations
- Long-hold the play/pause button to change the playback speed
- Tap the podcast artwork in the player for more options
- Sleep Timer
- Volume Boost
- View related content by the same author
- Pick your audio source
- Drag and Drop podcast rearranging
- 3D Touch Peek and Pop
- 3D Touch Quick Actions
- iMessage Stickers
- Siri Shortcuts
- Notifications for downloads
- Import and export podcasts as an OPML file
- Localized for Chinese, English (UK), English (US), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish
We’re constantly evolving and crafting it to create the perfect podcast player for you. If you have any suggestions or feedback, we’d love to hear it! Come visit us on our Twitter page and let’s craft an incredible podcast experience together.
Ratings and Reviews
Lovely, with a bit of criticism
This is one of the very nicest looking podcast apps on iPhone that I think exists. Elegant, and simple I really like the way it looks. It even imports my podcasts from a ompl file. Yours be amazed how many podcast app creators seem to think you should just import all your dozens of podcasts one by one, UGH. The only real problem I’ve seen is on my iPhone SE very often when I try to scroll through my podcasts, the app crashes. And then has to be restarted again. Also it needs to have new episode notifications too. It needs the name of the podcast shown alongside the podcast art, otherwise you don’t know what it is until you click on it. It needs to handle multiple downloads better. Otherwise, a great start!
I’ve been through almost all of the podcast apps over the years and this one might be the most beautiful yet. It seems like a lot of care went into the look of the design. And if looks were all that mattered, this app would be 5 stars. But apps also need to work flawlessly and this one doesn’t. The search function within the app is super buggy and crashes the app when searching for certain podcasts. I’m giving it two stars for the design and one star for not only having a grid, but having a grid that can be resized(thank you)! A million podcast apps have come and gone on my iPhone because of the lack of grid. I look forward to seeing where this app goes as the bugs get worked out.
A lot of work needed
The interface is it’s very visually appealing But the app lack a lot of functionality for instance if you delete the app and reinstall it you don’t have the option To restore your subscriptions Plus a lot of functionalities that other podcast players have The option to turn on or off trim silence skip forward or volume boost and this app has no indication that it has them plus the only setting you have is change the theme so you developers need to rethink the way this app functions until then I’ll try it but now it’s useless the only thing that I can say about it is that the interface is great but it needs alot of work 😊
I'm sorry you feel this way. You can export all your podcasts as an OPML file from within the app before deleting, and choose to open the OPML file in Cosmicast once it's installed to restore your podcasts. You can change skip duration and toggle volume boost by tapping the album artwork in the player section. Hope this helps!
- Shihab Mehboob
- 24.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 Shihab Mehboob.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.