Cosmonautica requires at least: iPad 3. Generation or better with minimum 1GB RAM.
For optimal performance we recommend at least an iPad Air (2013), iPad mini 2 or iPhone 6
Note: The app could crash sometimes, due to some problems regarding some UI middleware elements. We can't update this at this moment since the game engine used for Cosmonautica isn't updated anymore. If that bothers you, please request a refund and sorry for the inconvenience.
Cast off! Are you ready for some hilarious adventures in outer space?
Start by boarding a washed-up space cruiser and fulfill your destiny as an aspiring captain on the hunt for fame and fortune. Cosmonautica combines elements of space trading and crew simulation to create a unique experience. Only if you take good care of your crew you will be able to succeed.
Do you have what it takes to become the best trader, smuggler, pirate or even space taxi? It’s your choice!
* Simulated Galaxy - Cosmonautica offers a detailed and amusing trading simulation gameplay that challenges you among others with pirate attacks, diverse quests and unique crew members. Explore a dynamic and procedurally generated galaxy. Every game is different!
* Crew Management - Sign up to eight exceptional and lovable crew members to create a ragtag team of the universe’s best and brightest. Take care of your crew and promote them to reach their full potential. Only if they fit together well and are satisfied, you are able to get the optimum out of your space ship.
* Elaborate Trading Simulation - Trade a variety of goods, including some rare and illegal, with fellow space merchants while exploring the solar systems. Explore the galaxy and pursue intergalactic trading over many solar systems - each with its own traits.
* Lively Story & World - Meet unique characters while you embark on a campaign to unveil the secret of a container and the mysterious past of your board A.I. N1L. Or just roam freely through the galaxy in sandbox mode.
* One-of-a-Kind Ships - Choose from a range of ship types, equip your vessel with upgradeable rooms and customize your ship's appearance for even more individuality.
* Exciting Space Battles - Command demanding space clashes against enemy ships with crafty maneuvers and tactical actions during encounters. Directly attack or outsmart your enemies by using your hacker’s ability. Or pick the peaceful route and choose diplomacy.
* Cross-Platform Play - Cosmonautica supports cross-platform save games, which will allow you to play the same game on PC and take it on the go with your tablet or other suited devices.
- The problem with the 2nd and 3rd skill in the task assignment screen got fixed
- Fixed the ‘Endangered Species’ mission, it can now be successfully finished
- A small bug in the campaign, chapter ‘N1L’s origin’ got also fixed
- Locked skills can no longer be previewed via the ?-buttons in the promotion popup
- Removed the ‘Loot ammo’ button and ammunition sliders from the loot interface
- Finishing a research in hyper travel no longer gives you the option to go to the research lab, which might be causing crashes
Ratings and Reviews
Great game, a bit buggy
If you've ever played Privateer, this game will be right up your alley. You own a ship, which you can upgrade to be a merchant, pirate, bounty hunter, or passenger ferry. You make money by hauling or stealing cargo, or doing missions.
The fresh element here is the crew, which you have to hire, and babysit somewhat. Like the sims, they have needs that have to be fulfilled by rooms on your ship; bunk room, toilet, snack room, etc. As they get higher level, they get more needs.
One issue is that you can get screwed if your pilots get sick or go on strike; easier than you think, and your travel time gets weird such that you might never be able to land.
Another issue is the bugs; sometimes it crashes but I've never lost progress, other times crew refuse to take care of themselves even when the rooms are there. Nothing that a quick restart won't fix.
One last note; the wit and style are great, very fun to read the descriptions of crew/planet, and to watch the crew go about their routine while traveling.
Too small on iPhone 5s - Annoyingly buggy.
This app runs ok on my iPhone 5s but all the text in game renders much too small for my old eyes to easily read. I gave up after about half an hour.
I tried again on my iPad Air where things seemed better, at least I could read the game text. However, after about 2-3 hours of game play, I started seeing multiple "Segmentation Fault" crashes, crashes on game reload and bugged gameplay (cargo storage that reports 1/3 full despite not having any cargo aboard, missions that don't pay off despite meeting their requirements...). For an open world game with a huge galaxy to explore, having it corrupt its player data while I was still exploring the first 2/3 of the very first star system was pretty frustrating. I think the only way forward would be to start all over again, and whatever bug felled my game the first time, would still be lying in wait.
The game world looks interesting and the ship, crew and trade management aspects seem pretty well realized and fun, but if you can't reliably play it without corrupting your game state, then you basically can't play it at all.
Summary: Disappointing as is, but shows promise if Chasing Carrots can clean up the bugs.
The UI will just disappear - entire buttons or menus will just go away and there is no way to get them back other than reloading. Due to the way save game works, this can cost you a lot of time. Like so many others I was SO wanting this to be good. Looking online for solutions, it appears they devs have abandoned the game with many bugs left and gameplay issues. Save your money.
- Chasing Carrots GmbH & Co. KG
- 289.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015 Chasing Carrots KG
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.