By Mineko IMANISHI
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
CotEditor is a light-weight, neat, yet powerful text editor designed for editing plain-text files such as web pages (HTML, CSS), program source codes (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.), structured texts (Markdown, Textile, TeX, etc.), or any other kind of plain-text.
Just For Mac
The application is exactly made for macOS. CotEditor looks and behaves just as macOS applications should. It means, you already know how to use it even on the first launch. There are no complex configuration files that require geek knowledge so that you can access all your settings including syntax definitions and themes from a standard preferences window.
Quick, Easy, and Powerful
CotEditor launches so quick that you can write your text immediately when you want to. It's perfect for you to write a draft version of your document or a scratch code. The simply organized user interface doesn't disturb your task. However, at the same time, CotEditor is neither a software only for beginners nor a typical minimal “zen-style” editor. It is fully customizable. There are, of course, syntax highlighting feature for various languages, find and replace with the regular expression, auto-indentation, command-line tool, and lots of other deep functions. You can also easily write your own macro in your favorite languages.
• Syntax highlighting including more than 50 preset languages
• Powerful find and replace with the regular expression
• Auto-backup with/without overwriting actual document files
• Line numbers view
• Live character/word/line count
• Handling file encoding and line endings with care
• Auto-generated outline menu for fast navigation
• Character inspector that shows the zoomed glyph and Unicode information
• Vertical text layout mode
• Various Unicode normalizations
• Semi-transparent window
• Command-line tool
• Scriptable with your favorite language
• JCK-languages friendly
What's New in Version 3.2.6
- Fix an issue where backslashes in replacement strings were not unescaped correctly.
- Fix an issue where items in the Script menu were not sorted by prefix numbers.
- Fix a possible crash on handling documents with an invalid shebang.
- Fix Japanese localization.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 11, 2017
- Version: 3.2.6
- Size: 26.3 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Mineko IMANISHI
- © 2005-2009 nakamuxu, 2011, 2014 usami-k, 2013-2017 1024jp
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor