By Etamin Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Coton is also on iPhone & iPod Touch: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id493131814
/!\ Only available in English and French!
Coton is a beautiful cloud identification app for your iPad.
Identify clouds by browsing stunning pictures and detailed descriptions of all the different types of clouds you may spot. Coton relies on the International Cloud Atlas classification, the authoritative book from the World Meteorological Organization.
Learn about cloud types and their corresponding weather forecast including chances of rain and storm. Try to figure out the weather of the day, just by looking at the sky!
- 33 cloud index cards for the main cloud genera, species, varieties and special clouds
- a gallery containing more than 120 awesome pictures
- an illustrated guide which simply explains what is a cloud and how clouds are classified
- a chart of the 10 cloud genera
- a setting allowing you to switch between metric and imperial measurement system
The only thing you'll have to do is looking up... Enjoy your spottings!
Just remember: "It is rare that a cloud gets the shape of a cloud." Ylipe
What's New in Version 1.3
- 5 new special clouds and weather phenomenons added: Dust devil, Nacreous clouds, Noctilucent cloud, Sundogs and Tornadoes
- new gorgeous HD pictures
- performance improvements
This is one of the most informative, straight-forward, easy to navigate apps I could have asked for. No Internet access required to use, I can bust this out anywhere I am and learn about what's above me. As useful as it is fun. Thank you for creating this for us.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Apr 19, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 30.7 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Etamin Studio
- © Etamin Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.