Couch to 5K® - Run training
By Active Network, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Get off the couch and get running with the OFFICIAL Couch to 5K® training app! This oft-imitated program has helped thousands of new runners move from the couch to the finish line. Spend just 20 to 30 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be ready to finish your first 5K (3.1-mile) race!
Get more information about the Couch to 5K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/couch-to-5k-app
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The Couch to 5K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, Couch to 5K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
For support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com We would love to hear from you.
WINNER of the 2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness App!
• Training plan designed by Active.com trainers
• Choose from 4 different motivating virtual coaches—Johnny Dead, Constance, Billie or Sergeant Block
• Hear human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support*
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
• Get support from the largest running community on Active.com Trainer
• Repeat workouts and track your best performance
• Treadmill support allows manual entry of workouts
• Track your progress with total distance and average pace
• Graphs for workouts to compare distance and pace
Finished the Couch to 5K program and ready to take your running program to the next level? Check out our 5K to 10K app to prep for your first 10K race here. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/5k-to-10k/id526458735!
"The popular Couch to 5K app helps new runners avoid injury from doing too much, too soon."
—Runners World, June 2012
"It's ridiculously easy to use (it's hard not to, as you just do what you're told) and it's fantastic that you have an encouraging voice talking you through things."
—Engadget, June 2012
"Active.com’s Couch to 5K is one of my favorite… apps. With its customizable features, interactivity, and well-rounded interface, I may actually stay off the couch this time."
—148Apps, October 2011
"I knew as soon as I decided to start the Couch to 5K program that I would need something to keep me accountable—not just to showing up for my training, but to actually doing it properly. Of course there’s an app for that."
—CalorieLab, April 2012
"If you have been struggling to get your buns off the couch and somewhat in shape before the summer hits, training for a 5K is not a bad way to start. If you are looking for a program to help get you there, then the “Couch to 5K” running plan by CoolRunning is probably your best bet if you haven’t done an ounce of athletic activity for a number of years."
—Droid Life, April 2012
• Once you purchase the app, it is yours to keep. It does not expire after 9 weeks.
What's New in Version 3.7.1
- We’ve improved the maps feature so that you can see your route better.
- Don’t have GPS? Now you’ll know with an updated GPS signal indicator.
- As always, we made changes behind the scenes to keep the app running faster than ever!
Buggy timer on iOS 11
I have been using this app on my IPhone 5 for a couple of years with no problems. Simple, easy to use and accurate. I just upgraded to iOS 11 and have had nothing but problems since then. I’ve gone on 2 runs and 10 minutes in the timer gets wonky. The seconds get tripped up, move slowly or the timer stops altogether. Yesterday I was in the cool down and the timer stopped. Then the app closed and all my data for that run was lost. Super frustrating. I tried resetting the app and also deleted and reloaded it, to no avail. I even ran the timer against a stopwatch for accuracy and the same problem occurred. I love this app and want to continue to use it, but will have to look elsewhere if they can’t fix this bug. I emailed them today so we’ll see what happens. Like other reviewers, I also have experienced the same issue with the music volume dropping way down after the first voice prompt. Not nearly as big of an issue as inaccurate / buggy timing, but a nuisance just the same. I hope they can fix these issues.
Good for intervals but not much else
All I was looking for was something to tell me when to walk and when to jog/run and it does that fine, but there are definitely a few issues the app developers need to address, both of which other reviews have also mentioned. The first is that when my music volume goes down for an audio command from the app it doesn’t go back up- just stays at that quiet level and I can’t be messing with my phone while jogging. The other is that the audio commands are helpful but they only work if the app is open- they don’t happen if you have another app open or your phone locks.
Crashing on me
This app has been AMAZING for the first 5 weeks but now I have done Week 6, Day 1 three times and it crashes at the end and doesn’t record my activity. I’m so frustrated - I had really been happy with it until now. 🙁
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Nov 28, 2017
- Version: 3.7.1
- Size: 107 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Active Network, LLC
- © Active Network, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.