Couch to 5K® - Running App, Training Coach and GPS Tracker
By Active Network, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get off the couch and get running with the OFFICIAL Couch to 5K® training app from Active.com! This oft-imitated program has helped thousands of new runners move from the couch to the finish line. Spend just 20 to 30 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be ready to finish your first 5K (3.1-mile) race!
Get more information about the Couch to 5K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/couch-to-5k-app
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The Couch to 5K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, Couch to 5K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
For support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com We would love to hear from you.
WINNER of the 2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness App!
• Training plan designed by Active.com trainers
• Choose from 4 different motivating virtual coaches—Johnny Dead, Constance, Billie or Sergeant Block
• Hear human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support*
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
• Get support from the largest running community on Active.com Trainer
• Repeat workouts and track your best performance
• Treadmill support allows manual entry of workouts
• Track your progress with total distance and average pace
• Graphs for workouts to compare distance and pace
Finished the Couch to 5K program and ready to take your running program to the next level? Check out our 5K to 10K app to prep for your first 10K race here. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/5k-to-10k/id526458735!
"The popular Couch to 5K app helps new runners avoid injury from doing too much, too soon."
—Runners World, June 2012
"It's ridiculously easy to use (it's hard not to, as you just do what you're told) and it's fantastic that you have an encouraging voice talking you through things."
—Engadget, June 2012
"Active.com’s Couch to 5K is one of my favorite… apps. With its customizable features, interactivity, and well-rounded interface, I may actually stay off the couch this time."
—148Apps, October 2011
"I knew as soon as I decided to start the Couch to 5K program that I would need something to keep me accountable—not just to showing up for my training, but to actually doing it properly. Of course there’s an app for that."
—CalorieLab, April 2012
"If you have been struggling to get your buns off the couch and somewhat in shape before the summer hits, training for a 5K is not a bad way to start. If you are looking for a program to help get you there, then the “Couch to 5K” running plan by CoolRunning is probably your best bet if you haven’t done an ounce of athletic activity for a number of years."
—Droid Life, April 2012
• Once you purchase the app, it is yours to keep. It does not expire after 9 weeks.
What's New in Version 3.3.7
This update includes significant Community feature improvements to help you train with friends and achieve your 5K goal.
- Edit your profile and display name, and see your previous workout posts.
- See a list of your followers and who you are following.
- Approve follow requests from your friends and share your workouts.
- Get notified when your followers like your workout posts and comment to cheer you on.
- Follow your friends to see their workouts in the new activity feed.
This release also includes performance and stability enhancements.
Ups and DOWN...
I love the concept of this app howeverrrrrr... I am in the worst shape of my life and only recently started to do something about it. You seriously can't go from couch to runner in a day... Crawl before you walk, walk before you jog and jog before you run. I went to a friend who's recently lost 100lbs... She says that running before knowing how to speed walk comfortably is the easiest way to strain your muscles and discourage you altogether. So for you beginners, I suggest you walk and when it says to run, that's when you speed walk until you build that agility. I lightly jogged last night and still strained my calf so badly that I can barely walk on it!!! Take baby steps at this.... You didn't become a couch potato over night, so don't expect to run a marathon from this app either!!! If I could change one thing, I would limit the jogging the first week... One minute jog/90 seconds walking isn't a good way to start out... Too much strain and the pace needs to come down! Also, I would LOVE to see stretches or warm ups prior to the "walking war-up"...
Great app. I'm a beginner and it's been a great help.
I recently started using this app to try and get in some cardio. I am a complete beginner and have not been to a gym in years, so the first few days were still a struggle for me. Take it at your own pace, just because it tells you to jog doesn't mean you have to. You can redo some of the first days until you are comfortable to move on. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting some motivation and help in tracking your progress. Have had no issues with music playback or getting the notifications while I am using the app. Just remember to have the volume up and don't put your phone to vibrate. Will update when I have finished my 5k.
There are a few things about the app that I don't like. It doesn't track you after the program of the day is completed. And I can't get it to reliably give me the verbal cues. Aside from that it has been FABULOUS! After being plagued with illness and injury for several years, I was at my all time high in weight and I didn't really think I would ever be able to run again, but I am! I'm half way thru week 6 and doing great! And the weight is coming off. I Plan to run a 5 k on thanksgiving morning and I'm on track and very confident (something I never thought I would be again, in regards to running)! Thanks for helping me get my life back. I have a ways to go, but am confident I can get there.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 21, 2015
- Version: 3.3.7
- Size: 45.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Active Network, LLC
- © Active Network, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.