Couch to 5K® - Running App, Training Coach and GPS Tracker
By Active Network, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get off the couch and get running with the OFFICIAL Couch to 5K® training app from Active.com! This oft-imitated program has helped thousands of new runners move from the couch to the finish line. Spend just 20 to 30 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be ready to finish your first 5K (3.1-mile) race!
Get more information about the Couch to 5K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/couch-to-5k-app
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The Couch to 5K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, Couch to 5K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
For support please contact us at: MobileSupport@activenetwork.com We would love to hear from you.
WINNER of the 2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness App!
• Training plan designed by Active.com trainers
• Choose from 4 different motivating virtual coaches—Johnny Dead, Constance, Billie or Sergeant Block
• Hear human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support*
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
• Get support from the largest running community on Active.com Trainer
• Repeat workouts and track your best performance
• Treadmill support allows manual entry of workouts
• Track your progress with total distance and average pace
• Graphs for workouts to compare distance and pace
Finished the Couch to 5K program and ready to take your running program to the next level? Check out our 5K to 10K app to prep for your first 10K race here. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/5k-to-10k/id526458735!
"The popular Couch to 5K app helps new runners avoid injury from doing too much, too soon."
—Runners World, June 2012
"It's ridiculously easy to use (it's hard not to, as you just do what you're told) and it's fantastic that you have an encouraging voice talking you through things."
—Engadget, June 2012
"Active.com’s Couch to 5K is one of my favorite… apps. With its customizable features, interactivity, and well-rounded interface, I may actually stay off the couch this time."
—148Apps, October 2011
"I knew as soon as I decided to start the Couch to 5K program that I would need something to keep me accountable—not just to showing up for my training, but to actually doing it properly. Of course there’s an app for that."
—CalorieLab, April 2012
"If you have been struggling to get your buns off the couch and somewhat in shape before the summer hits, training for a 5K is not a bad way to start. If you are looking for a program to help get you there, then the “Couch to 5K” running plan by CoolRunning is probably your best bet if you haven’t done an ounce of athletic activity for a number of years."
—Droid Life, April 2012
• Once you purchase the app, it is yours to keep. It does not expire after 9 weeks.
What's New in Version 3.3.4
Improved Buddies features make it easier to share your workouts with friends and follow your friends’ workouts.
Getting my rear in gear!
Love the app. It's gotten me on a schedule and I really feel optimistic that I will be able to at least jog the whole 5k. Not going for any records.
Another thing I like is the pace at which it increases the time and difficulty. I truly am the girl on the couch. I work out maybe once or twice a week and I HATE running, and every time there is a slight increase I think "well, okay. If you say so." And I do it!
I wish I could privately share my workouts with my running buddy, with whom I only actually work out once a week. It would keep us both more honest. (I don't want to shout out on FB every time I work out, you know?). Hoping the update will help!
Great exercise app, well worth the price!
You could spend $40 a month on a gym membership, or $2 on this app. Great bargain!
It mainly helps you structure and track your workouts. Integrated music play feature is great!
One addition I'd like: daily motivational notifications or reminders to keep you on schedule for your next workout.
Easy to use; essentially no set up. Provides rational, sustainable start to exercise program.
Make sure you turn on the ringer, or you won't get the audible cues. They talk over whatever you're listening to, to prompt walking or jogging.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 30, 2015
- Version: 3.3.4
- Size: 40.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Active Network, LLC
- © Active Network, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.