Couch Traveler HD: Earth Explorer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★★★ INTRODUCTORY PRICE ★★★★★
Couch Traveler HD allows you to travel the globe and see popular landmarks without draining your pocket book. This app uses beautiful satellite pictures that can be enjoyed on the your iPad! So if you would like to visit the Eiffel Tower simply click on the appropriate category to see it in glorious detail. Zoom in and out with your fingers and move around the map (even challenge yourself to try and find the Eiffel Tower on your own). You can then find a direct link to Wikipedia to learn about the landmark that you have just visited. Be more informed about the world around you and have fun at the same time.
• Spectacular satellite pictures to show off your iPad
• Links to Wikipedia to answer your questions about the landmarks you visit
• Hundreds of landmarks to discover and learn about
• Test your geography skills by trying the Zoom In Quiz
• See if you can identify the correct locations in the Multiple Choice Quiz
• Flash cards will test whether or not you know the correct location names
• Easy to use interface that is simple to navigate
• Ability to zoom in and out to control what you would like to see on the map
• Free updates with great customer support
Go ahead and start discovering new and exciting landmarks you never knew existed all from the comfort of your own couch.
Lots of Fun
If you love maps and learning about new places, get this app. It has many of the popular places we all know but it also has interesting places I never knew about. My favorite is the quiz where you have to zoom into a landmark. My kids and I have been having a lot of fun with it. Add more locations in an update please!
Fun but needs MUCH more...
...bookmarks/points of interest. Should also offer the possibility to add own stuff.
Information should also be available offline, right now this app needs permanent internet acess to work.
Already been said
I think everyone else has already said it all. This is a good app and a fun way to check out the world we live in.