You have friends around the world, you just haven’t met them yet.
Couchsurfing is the best way to stay with amazing locals, make lifelong travel friends, or host travelers coming to your hometown. Over 12 million travel enthusiasts use Couchsurfing in more than 230,000 cities around the world.
Use the Couchsurfing app to plan and manage your trip itinerary.
Find hosts in your next destination
• Browse the millions of local hosts offering a place to stay in thousands of cities and towns
• Stay with and meet locals and have an authentic travel experience
• Explore accommodations options near where you are right now, or near your future destination
Make New Friends
• Discover thousands of fun events planned by other Couchsurfers in your hometown or in your next travel destination
• Use Couchsurfing Hangouts to show you who’s nearby your current location and available to meet up right now
Meet Travellers Without Traveling
• Host or meet up with incoming travellers coming to your city
• Can’t travel right now? Let new cultures and friends come to you
• Easily create and manage a Couchsurfing profile
• Manage your incoming or outgoing requests, messages, and more
• Add pictures to document your travel adventures
• See which of your Facebook friends also have a Couchsurfing account
Hey Couchsurfers! In this release, you'll find several bug fixes and usability improvements.
Bug fixes and improvements in this version include:
- Improvements to Search and Search Filters
- Improvements to ID Verification
- Bug fixes specific to iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
Enjoy the hospitality of locals and stay off the beaten track.
Golden age of traveling
This absolutely the golden age of traveling, apps has taken control meeting new people can’t get any better, it’s because I appreciate it this app personally am writing this review from my perspective knowledge, so for the amazing team who stand behind this wonderful app please don’t take anything personally, I can see the wonderful features you have managed to talk yet as important coding is the user experience is indeed what’s matter for most user, you need to consider that very much hire someone who can help with that bigger font bigger icon easy navigation why can’t the messages and the hangout messages be at the same place they all are messages less is always good, snapchat has proven this point and once they started adding more the quickly regained that point and fixed snapchat once again, I really appreciate the work the team has accomplished within the last few years, so thank you so much, don’t worry am not gonna end this review by requesting a job offer 😂, Cheers.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for leaving a review—we value you as a member of our community! Our dedicated team of developers are working hard to improve speed and functionality. We'll make sure to take all of your feedback into account during our next update.
Awesome concept, needs some improvements
I looooove couchsurfing. It's changed my life and I'm so grateful for this app and what the connections it assists in creating. Howevvvveerrr... Technically some things need work. For example, sometimes I get notifications and sometimes I don't, making it difficult to correspond with surfers/hosts. Also, unless I accept/decline a couchsurfing request, I cannot send a message back to a person, even if the request has expired and I didn't have a chance to accept or decline.. I cannot send any messages at all!! Very stressful, as I would wish to reach out to some people I didn't have a chance to respond to in time. I also do not understand the point of paying for "verification," but luckily not being verified has not negatively impacted me yet. Also through the app the age range when looking for hosts is a very weird gap, it would be great to be able to put in ages yourself.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your detailed feedback! We are very happy to hear that you enjoying using Couchsurfing and completely understand your frustrations with some of the issues that you have been experiencing. I have passed your review along to the rest of the team, we are working on fixing a lot of these bugs. Regarding the notifications- we have fixed that in the last release and I hope that you are enjoying the latest version. If you have anything else that you would like to report, please contact or Support team here: https://goo.gl/wh1Ouv
- CouchSurfing International Inc.
- 156.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 1999-2017 CouchSurfing International, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.