You have friends around the world, you just haven’t met them yet.
Couchsurfing is the best way to stay with amazing locals, make lifelong travel friends, or host travelers coming to your hometown. Over 12 million travel enthusiasts use Couchsurfing in more than 230,000 cities around the world.
Use the Couchsurfing app to plan and manage your trip itinerary.
Find hosts in your next destination
• Browse the millions of local hosts offering a place to stay in thousands of cities and towns
• Stay with and meet locals and have an authentic travel experience
• Explore accommodations options near where you are right now, or near your future destination
Make New Friends
• Discover thousands of fun events planned by other Couchsurfers in your hometown or in your next travel destination
• Use Couchsurfing Hangouts to show you who’s nearby your current location and available to meet up right now
Meet Travellers Without Traveling
• Host or meet up with incoming travellers coming to your city
• Can’t travel right now? Let new cultures and friends come to you
• Easily create and manage a Couchsurfing profile
• Manage your incoming or outgoing requests, messages, and more
• Add pictures to document your travel adventures
• See which of your Facebook friends also have a Couchsurfing account
Hey Couchsurfers! In this release, you'll find several bug fixes and usability improvements specific to the Search experience on Couchsurfing.
Ratings and Reviews
App needs minor work
Despite being relatively new to CouchSurfing, I love it & am wholly invested! It is a great experience as a host and as a traveler. The CouchSurfing app is essentially a good one. It works well most of the time. I appreciate how we can personalize information about our homes, add CS pictures to add credence to our profiles, give honest reviews of our guests & respond to feedback we have received. My primary complaint about the app is the size of the font is so small & the color of the font is so faint that it is difficult to see. Also, I wish there was a way to edit/add to a reference I’d written for someone. (I had written it before traveling with a girl I knew from work & learned quite a lot about her while CouchSurfing together. I would have written a more revealing review for others who plan to host/travel with her.) My final complaint is that I will often receive notifications for emails that do not appear in my inbox. I’m not sure whether I am ever able to recover those. Other than those small issues, I find the app very functional & it fully compliments/supports the CS website.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We're always looking to improve our user experience and providing updates in the interest of speed and functionality.
Could be 5 star
I completely love Couchsurfing and especially the couchsurfing community, but more the time pass and worst the app and the concept become.
Before it was no limit to request you can send, while now you have a limit of 10 which I can see a reason behind, but when your limited request get nullified by a not good system behind it kind of pisses me off as Couchsurfing born to help travelers and people that can give it back, I will explain the issue : after I send a request to a person which had availability on the calendar before sending the request ( host can lock days when they can't host) the system came up with a message saying "the couch is not available" which is ok if wouldn't take out my opportunity to send another request as it was already unavailable.
I don't know if is a software issue or what, but unlike when it started as no profit, community based program, nowadays it is becoming a not well supported app.
Love the idea, love the community, love the people I met through Couchsurfing, I just wish the development could keep up with the awesomeness that Couchsurfing Vison is.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your feedback! These are great ideas and we’ll pass your feedback along to the rest of the Couchsurfing team for consideration in future updates. Thank you for being a part of our community!
Golden age of traveling
This absolutely the golden age of traveling, apps has taken control meeting new people can’t get any better, it’s because I appreciate it this app personally am writing this review from my perspective knowledge, so for the amazing team who stand behind this wonderful app please don’t take anything personally, I can see the wonderful features you have managed to talk yet as important coding is the user experience is indeed what’s matter for most user, you need to consider that very much hire someone who can help with that bigger font bigger icon easy navigation why can’t the messages and the hangout messages be at the same place they all are messages less is always good, snapchat has proven this point and once they started adding more the quickly regained that point and fixed snapchat once again, I really appreciate the work the team has accomplished within the last few years, so thank you so much, don’t worry am not gonna end this review by requesting a job offer 😂, Cheers.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for leaving a review—we value you as a member of our community! Our dedicated team of developers are working hard to improve speed and functionality. We'll make sure to take all of your feedback into account during our next update.
- CouchSurfing International Inc.
- 157.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 1999-2017 CouchSurfing International, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.