Count the Animals! for iPad
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
▶ Winner of the Design Award for Best Educational App 2012 according to UK Junior Magazine: "There’s plenty of opportunity to hone those number and counting skills with this app but it’s the playful illustrations and animation that make it truly memorable".
▶ “I believe apps like these are still hard to find but make the app-shop so much more interesting, creative and worth visiting with your kids.” - Irene Hoofs, BloesemBlogs.com
Count the Animals! is a witty interactive picturebook for toddlers and pre-schoolers learning to count.
Learn to count from one to 20, while playfully poking at one stubborn pony, magically pop three rabbits out of a black hat or rescuing a delicious pie from 20 very hungry ants.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES
• learn to count from 1 to 20
• develop the pre-math skill of connecting numbers to quantities
• learn cause and effect by tapping on an animal and see what it does
• learn to count in 21 languages
• and much more...
• quirky artwork with a vintage feel by Dutch illustrator Caroline Ellerbeck
• beautiful animation and unexpected effects
• tap on the animals with your fingers to make them jump/wriggle/fly and walk
• settings to turn on/off spoken numbers, turn on/off sound, to count backwards, count in random order, count with numbers shown/not shown etc.
• contains 21 languages, from Arabic to Portuguese to Swiss German and many more
HOW TO PLAY
For younger children:
- just tap the animals and experience ‘more’, ’less’ and ‘a lot’ or ‘a few’
For older children:
- hear the numbers spoken aloud, learn to count from 1 to 20 - and even backwards
- learn to count in another language
- switch off the voice-over and guide your child yourself
- switch on the voice-over and let your child play by itself
- start basic mathematics: ‘poke one more turtle - how many do you have left?’
Count the Animals! contains these 21 languages: Arabic, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss German.
▶ “The app has a great sense of humour, makes funny noises, and gives chance to learn you child (yourself as well) to count till 20, in 16 languages! We downloaded it yesterday and my soon really likes it.” - Agata
▶ “With beautifully-crafted interactive animations and easy to use controls, it looks like a lovely little app for kidlets learning to count to twenty.” - Maddy, lilmagoolie.com
What's New in Version 1.0.5
Hi there and thanks for checking back on us! In this update we added some functions that you have been asking us for.
• The "back button" is here! You can now get back to the main menu without swiping all the way backwards.
• Six new languages are added: Brazilian Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Korean, Norwegian and Russian. Let's start counting in these languages!
• We have added audio to reward your child for counting all the animals.
• And we also included information about our other apps.
That's it for now! We love to hear your experiences, questions or remarks. Feel free to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us via Twitter @appracadabra
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 20, 2012
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 142 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss German
- Seller: Appracadabra
- © 2011 Appracadabra
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.