**Featured on MSNBC, the Today Show, The NYTimes, Wired, Politico and the iTunes App Store
Countable makes learning about what your government is up to easy and fun. Learn about issues you care about, influence Congress with one tap voting, and rally your friends around specific legislation.
**NEW! The Countable Voter Center. Get all the information you need about where to register, whats/who is going to be on the ballot in your area, and all the info about your options. Your vote matters!
MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND
- Daily notifications about upcoming votes
- Short non-partisan summaries of news and legislation
- Unbiased arguments for and against
HOLD YOUR REPS ACCOUNTABLE
- See how your votes align with your lawmakers
- Post an opinion or vote and we’ll inform your lawmakers
- Don’t be surprised if you receive a message back
CALL YOUR REPS
- Make your voice immediately by calling your representatives
- 3D touch the app icon to get a list of your reps
- Find your reps in the menu for easy access to their phone numbers
SEND VIDEO MESSAGES TO PRESIDENT & YOUR REPS
- Use the camera on your iPhone/iPad to record video messages
- Send them to your reps or President Trump and break through the noise
- Tell your story in your own voice and be heard!
- See what other people are saying about the issues you care about
- Like their opinions to show your support
- Post principled arguments and help change people’s minds
- “Slick, easy to use and could definitely help inform your opinions.” - New York Times
- “Telling your senator how to vote is as easy and ‘liking’ a Facebook picture.” -Tech Crunch
What our users say:
- “Fast, easy way to interact with Congress.”
- “Makes it easy to stay informed with D.C. and ultimately let's my voice be heard.”
- “An easy way to keep track of bills in congress and give feedback to my senators and representatives!”
We love feedback! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us at @Countable, facebook.com/countable.us, and plus.google.com/+CountableUs/posts
Countable was created by a team of dedicated Americans based in San Francisco and Washington DC. We believe that using technology properly we can make American democracy work in a fashion similar to what our founders envisioned. Our advisory team includes former Senator Evan Bayh, Joe Trippi, who ran Howard Dean’s revolutionary presidential campaign in 2004.
Introducing rich push notifications and the Countable Voter Center. Get all the information you need to get registered, get informed be ready when you enter the ballot booth.
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app! Indispensable for busy people who want to stay on top of the changes in Congress!
Easy to use, with up to date summaries and links to in-depth information, as well as options for directly contacting your legislators about issues that affect you. The comments and opinions of other Countable members offer an opportunity to see issues from different perspectives, and help to broaden my understanding of the issues and stimulate my interest in the political process. The only communication between members is through endorsing their comments. I have found it helpful to Follow members with whom I disagree even if I cannot endorse their opinions. This limited commenting structure is very effective in creating a version of a more civil discourse. I think users would get the most from it by reading opinions with which they disagree and following those members. The structure also permits commenting on the posts of others without directly contacting them. Using this app I find I understand more fully the reasons why those with whom I disagree hold the opinions they hold. I am improving
my own ability to communicate and clarify my own opinions. I receive text and emails from my representatives so I know that their staff, if not them personally, have noted my concerns. Most replies I receive include the legislator's explanation of their viewpoint of the issues and why they are supporting or not supporting the bill.
I like the Countable app. I like that info is in given in laymen's terms, so individuals don't have to slog through legal-ese to try and figure it out. I like that info seems to be straightforward and unbiased. It seems a few times something may have had a liberal slant, but I have learned how to address and work through it. I know what I believe and stand firm and won't be swayed by a liberal agenda. Continue to provide unbiased info and straightforward facts. I have received a great number of responses from some of my senators. While the response is appreciated, most seem 'canned.' A few responses seem personal. I understand they get a lot of correspondence, but when the response is canned; it seems to lose effectiveness and meaning for me. How my senators interact with me and how serious they consider what I say does matter when it comes to the next election. I am glad Countable has made it possible that attacks are not possible among those of us who post reviews. Of course, it might be interesting to have a dislike option on responses as well. I'm inclined to think many polls are biased and ineffective, so some calculations of the 'like' and if a 'dislike' option is added might yield interesting results and perspective as well.
But the people on it?????
It is a very good app that keeps a person very interested and knowledgeable about what is going on in Washington, Congress and the Executive Branch as well as the Court Systems . My biggest concern is those of the Liberal, Communist and many other people who think one thing or the other. My biggest concern is that you can't write or say anything like disagreeing with a person writing statements and opinions. Again what bothers me about the people is that you can't say anything to have a different opinion with them other that to agree with them and join them in their statements or ideas. No negative statements can be said but to one person because you can't disagree, only agree and or join them in their idea. Just a simple stroke of the pen to disagree ( even if you could not say so, a mark or an X would be nice instead of showing agreement) on their opinion. There are WAY TOO MANY DISAGREEABLE PEOPLE ON THE SITE.
- Countable Corp
- 52.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Countable Corp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.