**Featured on MSNBC, the Today Show, The NYTimes, Wired, Politico and the iTunes App Store
Countable makes learning about what your government is up to easy and fun. Learn about issues you care about, influence Congress with one-tap voting, and rally your friends around specific legislation.
MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND
- Daily notifications about upcoming votes
- Short non-partisan summaries of news and legislation
- Unbiased arguments for and against
HOLD YOUR REPS ACCOUNTABLE
- See how your votes align with your lawmakers
- Post an opinion or vote and we’ll inform your lawmakers
- Don’t be surprised if you receive a message back
PREP FOR THE MIDTERMS
- Use our Voter Center to register to vote and get all the info you need to be informed this November
READ MORE CONTENT ON ACTION CENTERS
- Action Centers are a hub for all the things you care about. Check out Action Centers from Chelsea Handler, Axios, the Daily Signal, and more
- Create your own Action Center to rally your network behind the causes you care about most
CALL YOUR REPS
- Make your voice immediately heard by calling your representatives
- 3D touch the app icon to get a list of your reps
- Find your reps in the menu for easy access to their phone numbers
SEND VIDEO MESSAGES TO PRESIDENT & YOUR REPS
- Use the camera on your iPhone/iPad to record video messages
- Send them to your reps or President Trump and break through the noise
- Tell your story in your own voice and be heard!
- See what other people are saying about the issues you care about
- Like their opinions to show your support
- Post principled arguments and help change people’s minds
- “Slick, easy to use and could definitely help inform your opinions.” - New York Times
- “Telling your senator how to vote is as easy and ‘liking’ a Facebook picture.” -Tech Crunch
What our users say:
- “Fast, easy way to interact with Congress.”
- “Makes it easy to stay informed with D.C. and ultimately let's my voice be heard.”
- “An easy way to keep track of bills in congress and give feedback to my senators and representatives!”
We love feedback! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us at @Countable, facebook.com/countable.us
Countable was created by a team of dedicated Americans based in San Francisco and Washington DC. We believe that using technology properly can make American democracy work in a fashion similar to what our founders envisioned.
- REACT to the news and see how the Countable community feels about key issues with our new “Reactions" feature!
- You can now follow content streams from your favorite news organizations and celebs like Axios, Daily Signal, and Chelsea Handler
- Now see your reps' faces when you send them a message with our redesigned action-taking screen!
- Help us keep the Countable community constructive and welcoming with new comment flagging
- And, last but not least, check out our new logo! Let us know what you think in the reviews.
Ratings and Reviews
I like the Countable app. I like that info is in given in laymen's terms, so individuals don't have to slog through legal-ese to try and figure it out. I like that info seems to be straightforward though sometimes there seems to be a bias. Sometimes something may have a liberal slant, but I have learned how to address and work through it. I know what I believe and stand firm and won't be swayed by a liberal agenda. Countable needs to make unbiased info and straightforward facts a goal. I have received a great number of responses from my senators. While the response is appreciated, some seem 'canned.' A few responses seem personal. I understand they get a lot of correspondence, but when the response is canned; it seems to lose effectiveness and meaning for me. How my senators interact with me and how serious they consider what I say does matter when it comes to the next election. I am glad Countable has made it possible that attacks are not possible among those of us who post reviews. Of course, it might be interesting to have a dislike option on responses as well. I'm inclined to think many polls are biased and ineffective, so some calculations of the 'like' and if a 'dislike' option is added might yield interesting results and perspective as well.
But the people on it?????
It is a very good app that keeps a person very interested and knowledgeable about what is going on in Washington, Congress and the Executive Branch as well as the Court Systems . My biggest concern is those of the Liberal, Communist and many other people who think one thing or the other. My biggest concern is that you can't write or say anything like disagreeing with a person writing statements and opinions. Again what bothers me about the people is that you can't say anything to have a different opinion with them other that to agree with them and join them in their statements or ideas. No negative statements can be said but to one person because you can't disagree, only agree and or join them in their idea. Just a simple stroke of the pen to disagree ( even if you could not say so, a mark or an X would be nice instead of showing agreement) on their opinion. There are WAY TOO MANY DISAGREEABLE PEOPLE ON THE SITE.
Some good - some not so good
This app is kind of like Facebook for the political crowd. It lets you see the federal legislature in “action” - unfortunately there’s no links to the bills, only a brief synopsis of the bill with a statement from the sponsor and opposition (usually a tweet from both)
It also allows you to message your representative and senators. It also allows for calling them. Unfortunately many of the users don’t realize (or care) that the messages they are posting go to their reps and just use it as if they are on Facebook trying to shame others into believing their rants.
Finally, it’s somewhat buggy- looking at the “details” of a bill rarely works the way it should, instead it drops you into the comments area and you have scroll back up, it frequently closes the details area for no apparent reason, when posting a message, things like editing are difficult and there’s no way to make a new paragraph.
- Countable Corp
- 51.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Countable Corp
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.