Countable - Contact Congress and Vote on Bills
By Countable Corp
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Featured on MSNBC, the Today Show, The NYTimes, Wired, Politico and the iTunes App Store
Countable makes learning about what your government is up to easy and fun. Learn about issues you care about, influence Congress with one tap voting, and rally your friends around specific legislation.
CALL YOUR REPS
- Make your voice immediately by calling your representatives
- 3D touch the app icon to get a list of your reps
- Find your reps in the menu for easy access to their phone numbers
SEND VIDEO MESSAGES TO PRESIDENT & YOUR REPS
- Use the camera on your iPhone/iPad to record video messages
- Send them to your reps or President Trump and break through the noise
- Tell your story in your own voice and be heard!
MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND
- Daily notifications about upcoming votes
- Short non-partisan summaries of news and legislation
- Unbiased arguments for and against
HOLD YOUR REPS ACCOUNTABLE
- See how your votes align with your lawmakers
- Post an opinion or vote and we’ll inform your lawmakers
- Don’t be surprised if you receive a message back
- See what other people are saying about the issues you care about
- Upvote their opinions and show your support
- Post principled arguments and help change people’s minds
- “Slick, easy to use and could definitely help inform your opinions.” - New York Times
- “Telling your senator how to vote is as easy and ‘liking’ a Facebook picture.” -Tech Crunch
What our users say:
- “Fast, easy way to interact with Congress.”
- “Makes it easy to stay informed with D.C. and ultimately let's my voice be heard.”
- “An easy way to keep track of bills in congress and give feedback to my senators and representatives!”
We love feedback! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us at @Countable, facebook.com/countable.us, and plus.google.com/+CountableUs/posts
Countable was created by a team of dedicated Americans based in San Francisco and Washington DC. We believe that using technology properly we can make American democracy work in a fashion similar to what our founders envisioned. Our advisory team includes former Senator Evan Bayh, Joe Trippi, who ran Howard Dean’s revolutionary presidential campaign in 2004.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Fully Redesigned Navigation: We've simplified the navigation of the app to give you quick access to bills and news with indicators of new/unread changes in Congress.
- 3D Touch For Your Reps: press and hold on the Countable home screen icon (requires iPhone 6S or newer) to immediately access a list of your congressional representatives - call them, send them a video or write them a message! 3D touch on bills and articles in the feed for a quick view of more content.
- Calling Calling Calling: One of the best ways to get around the overloaded congressional messaging channels is to call your rep. Now its easier than ever to call your reps with Countable.
- Numerous bug fixes and performance enhancements including fixes for log-in issues.
Thank you to all of our users that sent us feedback and helped us create this version of the app. As always without you we would not exist - thank you for helping us grow from a group of passionate technologists trying to help our country to having the most used and most impactful civic technology application out there!
Mostly great app
Yeah the app has some bugs (logs you out or randomly quits) but it's a great comprehensive tool for finding out what's going on in the legislature. I like that you see other people's opinions, they usually provide insight into opposing views or affirm what you already suspected. The description of bills is a great simplified way to understand what's happening. I will say though, sometimes the headlines to bills are a little misleading. Like "Bill to give EPA 20 million in funding" oh that sounds great! Until you realize that's a 70% cut from the last session. That's just a hypothetical, but I've seen people easily misinterpret a headline and vote against their interest (their comment is for funding EPA but they voted for a bill that would cut it because they didn't realize it was a cut) I think this is more of a problem for older people who may have trouble navigating apps in general and finding the in depth summaries of the bill. Other than that, no complaints. I'm eager for them to come out with the app for the Texas state legislature.
Best Political App Ever!
I've been using Countable for several weeks now, and I've got to say that it is the best political app I've ever seen. It keeps track of legislation going through Congress and other political news, and lets you know how your representatives vote on stuff. It also allows you to vote on issues coming before Congress, and allows you to voice your opinion to your elected officials. Who knows if they pay any attention at all to it, but if enough people start using it, they will have to. I highly recommend this not just to political nerds like myself, but to everyone who wants to keep track of what is being legislated and how your legislators vote. This app could be a real game changer if enough voters use it.
Awesome and empowering!
This app is amazing!! I'm so glad that someone finally came up with a simple, user friendly, and mobile way to check up on what your government is doing and then let them know what you think. And from what I can tell this far it seems fair and unbiased in its content. This could be one of the most powerful platforms for nurturing and informed public that can force change. After all, supposedly these politicians work for us. We should be supervising and evaluating them regularly and getting rid of those who aren't doing their job. Thank you! Thank you!!