Countable - Contact Congress and Vote on Bills
By Countable Corp
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Featured on MSNBC, the Today Show, The NYTimes, Wired, Politico and the iTunes App Store
Countable makes learning about what your government is up to easy and fun. Learn about issues you care about, influence Congress with one tap voting, and rally your friends around specific legislation.
SEND VIDEO MESSAGES TO YOUR REPS
- Use the camera on your iPhone/iPad to record video messages
- Send them to your elected reps and break through the noise
- Tell your story in your own voice and be heard!
MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND
- Daily notifications about upcoming votes
- Short non-partisan summaries of news and legislation
- Unbiased arguments for and against
HOLD YOUR REPS ACCOUNTABLE
- See how your votes align with your lawmakers
- Post an opinion or vote and we’ll inform your lawmakers
- Don’t be surprised if you receive a message back
- See what other people are saying about the issues you care about
- Upvote their opinions and show your support
- Post principled arguments and help change people’s minds
- “Slick, easy to use and could definitely help inform your opinions.” - New York Times
- “Telling your senator how to vote is as easy and ‘liking’ a Facebook picture.” -Tech Crunch
What our users say:
- “Fast, easy way to interact with Congress.”
- “Makes it easy to stay informed with D.C. and ultimately let's my voice be heard.”
- “An easy way to keep track of bills in congress and give feedback to my senators and representatives!”
We love feedback! Email us at email@example.com
Follow us at @Countable, facebook.com/countable.us, and plus.google.com/+CountableUs/posts
Countable was created by a team of dedicated Americans based in San Francisco and Washington DC. We believe that using technology properly we can make American democracy work in a fashion similar to what our founders envisioned. Our advisory team includes former Senator Evan Bayh, Joe Trippi, who ran Howard Dean’s revolutionary presidential campaign in 2004.
What's New in Version 3.3.1
Bug fixes and general improvements
Great App (with 1 complaint)
Fantastic app; user friendly; efficient means of staying on top of daily Congressional activities and directly contacting elected officials with the users' comments/positions on specific issues/bills; a must-have for political junkies. The only bone I have to pick is that it does not have a feature that allows users to be copied on the e-mails sent (via the app) directly to their representatives, on behalf of the user (or in the user's name). I do believe this is a genuine flaw that the developers should remedy ASAP, especially since users have the option of receiving e-mail alerts for various other features. That said, I give it 4 stars on account of its overall awesomeness, plus a solid high-five for creating a great way for citizens to become more informed and involved in the government process. Well done!
Take Your Power Back
Everyone who is dissatisfied, confused, or exasperated with how things are unfolding in the United States needs to download this. The team behind it is very credible, and gives the power back to the people in an unbiased, well researched, and intuitive design. It presents issues in an easy to understand, and critcial way. It makes the nails on a chalkboard process of getting politically involved, a matter of swipe ability. It's presented so amazingly! Did I mention it's sexy to look at too? Best concept and execution of harnassing the power of social media, in a very, very, long time!
I haven't spent enough time perusing it yet, but it is admirably objective and it's commitment to providing supporting sources is impressive. It will doubtlessly continue to improve as it is used, but even as it is now, a five star review is well deserved. It's biggest weakness at the moment lies in timing, as you often seem to be asked for your vote after it has already been voted on. But for enabling you to be an informed citizen, it couldn't do much better, and we all know that calling our representatives directly is more effective anyway. Five stars!