Countdown gives you one tap access to your three most used timer presets, whether you’re timing a boiling egg or intervals between workouts.
- Three one-tap timer presets. (So you’re not constantly adjusting the timer.)
- Adjusting presets is just a tap away in Settings.
- Timer alarms sound without requiring you to tap “Done” or interrupting your music.
- Timers continue in the background, so you’re still notified while checking email or Twitter. (Notifications must be enabled to receive alerts.)
- Quick Actions for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus to quickly start timers from the home screen.
· Countdown for your iPad, iPad Pro, and iPad mini!
· Support for Slide Over and Split View multitasking on iPad.
· The app is now rotatable while showing settings.
· VoiceOver support for blind & low vision Countdowners.
Ratings and Reviews
Finally, a simple, programmable timer
I've been searching for a timer that could be set for intervals less than a minute long (unlike the iOS Clock) and it has been surprisingly hard to find — until now. Countdown is a simple timer that let's you program up to 3 different intervals from a minimum of 0m:10s to a maximum of 30m:00s. If you need more time than that you can always switch to the iOS clock, which has a maximum interval of 23h:59m. All I want to do is rest :30s between exercises at the gym instead of 1m and this free app meets the need perfectly without any advertising or necessary in-app purchases. Thank you for this app!
Simple, clean and easy!
I used this to tape my physical therapy exercise routine so that I no longer have to count or timekeep myself. By eliminating the timekeeping task when exercising, I do my routine daily!
It is easy to change time settings to your preferences. One additional option I would like to see is to have just one big button on the screen for the times when everything is the same time, then you just have to slap the screen instead of one of three buttons. Excellent program for its esthetics, helpfulness and simplicity.
Great design and easy on the eyes
I use this app constantly, after trying a bunch.
For icing (I'm recovering from surgery)
For exercise - timing planks or bridges, etc.
For cooking, too.
Why is it SO much better than the native iOS timer?
1. Provides smaller increments(<1min)
2. Three customizable pre-sets for frequent use
3. Alert sound is 3 chimes and it does not require a touch to subdue it (unlike iOS). Perhaps a stove timer should keep buzzing, to keep you from burning your food. But for many other applications, you want your music or TV show to resume after you've had a chance to hear the chimes.
4. Doesn't have infinite number of increments. It has 1, 2, 3 minutes, but eventually skips to 20, 25, 30 min. This makes it easier to find a desired duration
It's also visually clean, instead of being like an airplane cockpit.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.