By Barrett Productions, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“The people in my neighborhood are all excited about this new mobile app to help children develop their Math Skills.” - BOB McGRATH, Chidren’s Educational Television
“Counting Together”, with its Dinosaur theme and jaw dropping 3-D graphics and audio, provides hours of fun to play alone or with up to 4 PLAYERS.
Not only is the famous TV personality, Bob McGrath, enthusiastic about “Counting Together”, so are schools, parents, educators, special needs experts, and most importantly, children.
“Counting Together” is a fun filled game that teaches children two basic math skills, ADDITION and SUBITIZING.
WHAT IS “SUBITIZING”?
It is the ability to recognize a certain number of objects without counting. For example, you may look at a table and instantly see 4 chairs surrounding the table. But a child may need to count the chairs using their fingers. “Counting Together” helps children develop this crucial skill so they too can look at the table and instantly see 4 chairs.
“Counting Together” fills the need for a fun method of reinforcement for today's tech-savvy school child. As the child plays the game, the app itself reinforces the correct answer both visually with a number and with sound effects.
• "Students coming into kindergarten should hold the skill of subitizing up to five objects.” - MICHELLE FLAMING, Elementary mathematics consultant for ESSDACK.
• "Subitizing is a fundamental skill in the development of students' understanding of numbers" – ARTHUR J. BAROODY, Professor of Curriculum & Instruction (early childhood and elementary mathematics education) at the University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
• “Counting Together" is all business when it comes to teaching visual counting math skills, but the kids will never know it.” - BOB McGRATH, Chidren’s Educational Television
“Counting Together” is available FREE or as a PLUS version.
• Up to 2 Players
• LEVEL 1 Difficulty
• LEARN mode - Play alone or with a group and take your time
• PLAY mode - Play alone or with a group against the clock. The better the group does, the faster the clock
• PLAYER SOUNDS: 2 per player
PLUS (adds many features including the following):
• Up to 4 Players
• LEVEL 1, 2, and 3 Difficulty. The game increases or decreases in difficulty and speed during play depending on the player’s performance.
• COMPETE mode - First correct answer gets the point
• PLAYER SOUNDS - 10 per player
• MEASURE PERFORMANCE - Tracking and Emailing
• GAME CENTER
• REMOTE PLAYING (Coming Soon!)
What's New in Version 1.3.1
- Remote Playing with 2 simultaneous Users is now functioning
The math app we teachers have been waiting for!
I am a Pre K teacher and when I demo'd this app with my students they were hooked! 4 player capability, multi-levels, and graphics and sound that leave the kids pleading for more.
We used it at dismissal time and parents were dully impressed.
Children were literally begging to play at home. Simple enough to follow, children taught each other as new players entered the play.
Already I see better number recognition and real subitizing beginning in my classroom.
I immediately added the upgrade and recommended it to families in my preschool!
Thanks, Barrett Productions, for another winning educational app that bring parents and children together!
My 4 yo kids love this game for number recognition, 1 to 1 correspondence, and the sound effects.
Awesome multiplayer game!
Now this is what I have been waiting on. Best 1.99 EVER spent. Students can play as a team or in completion and it is just like the concept of a SMART table! Love it!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 12, 2013
- Version: 1.3.1
- Size: 204 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Barrett Productions, LLC
- © 2013 Barrett Productions
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Plus Version$1.99