Countries and Capitals
By Kedronic UAB
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Countries and Capitals provide a simple way to learn the location of different countries and their capitals on the world map, as well as to see and memorize their flags. The program is extremely easy to use, which makes it a great choice for kids and adults alike. You can also test your geographic knowledge in an exciting built-in quiz.
◦ The program can be used as an atlas or a geography quiz
◦ If you point at a country with a mouse cursor, you will see its name, capital and flag
◦ The quiz mode lets you test your knowledge of countries and capitals
◦ Names of countries can be hidden or shown during quizzes
◦ You can use tips during quizzes
◦ A convenient interactive interface
◦ The program features separate maps for studying states and state capitals of the US, Australia, Germany, the UK and Canada
Excellent learning tool, works exactly as described
Super easy to use and intuitive. I somehow managed to get through high school without ever having to learn where the countries are located. Before college, I thought it would be good to learn, and using this app is the way I did it. I learned all the country locations in 2 weeks. I agree with another reviewer that it would be nice if there would be an option to hear the country names, and I think there could also be another quiz option where a country is highlighted and the user has to spell the country/capital name. But overall an excellent app that works exactly as described.
Very good app over all
It's very good app over all, but I think it would be better if the app reads, in order to hear the difficult country names, and to get the proper sound and pronunciation for none native English speakers.
does not display properly on macbook pro
I cannot find a way to modify the map size and it cuts off parts of continents on my macbook pro. Hard to rate it with such a big issue :((
- Category: Education
- Released: Jun 20, 2012
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 22.4 MB
- Seller: Kedronic UAB
- © Kedronic UAB
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later