Now there's a simple, elegant and customizable way to get all of the Hartford Courant's exclusive, premium storytelling on your iPhone and iPad.
• Stay informed with Connecticut's best source of news, sports, business and entertainment
• Enjoy exclusive videos and photo galleries
• Edit the section list to be in your preferred order
• Save must-read stories, photos and videos for when you have the time to enjoy them
• Keep track of what you've read and what you haven't with Progress Report
• Turn your device sideways for an entirely different visual view of the news (iPad only)
• Get the latest breaking news from our newsroom in your notifications
• Share stories easily with Twitter, Facebook, or email
• Offline reading: Download and read content offline
• See your progress: Articles that have been read are greyed out to make your reading experience more efficient
• Download the app to enjoy 5 free stories each month. For full access, try a free month of Unlimited Digital Access to the app, courant.com, and our eNewspaper; then it's only $7.99 a month. Make sure to create a registration while in the app so you'll be able to log in to the website and eNewspaper when you visit them in web browsers.
• Your subscription automatically renews each month unless auto-renew is turned off within your Account Settings at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Your iTunes account will be charged $7.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• You can read our Terms of Service here: http://www.tronc.com/central-terms-of-service/
• Questions about your subscription, including adding or removing Web access to dailypress.com from your app access, can be directed to Customer Service: 860-785-4888.
CRASHES / PROBLEMS?
We've been working hard to fix any and all crashes in the app. If you're still experiencing crashes or freezes after installing this update, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A quick email to our support team helps our developers identify and resolve crashes faster.
Don’t have time to read an article sent in a push notification when the story breaks? Don’t worry; our new Notifications Center is easily accessible from the top of the sections menu, listing all the recent alerts from the topics you’ve signed up to follow.
Tend to multitask? Now if you tap to play a video, it will minimize to a smaller view if you scroll down to scan the story’s text, allowing you to keep an eye on both. Done with the video? Just tap “Close,” and it’ll pause and hide from view until you scroll back to the top.
Ratings and Reviews
Match Pictures to Stories
Overall nice job. When going from article to article however, sometimes the wrong picture loads for a story.
App Crashes a lot
This app seems to crash a lot under ios11. It either locks up in an article and not scroll, or it freezes then shuts itself down. Nice to be able to read the Courant out of state, but this app has stability issues.
The app generally runs very slow. The app also crashes when I click on a story or the story won’t load.
- Tribune Company
- 106.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Hartford Courant
- In-App Purchases
- News App Only $4.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $7.99
- Unlimited Digital Access $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.