PROBLEMS WITH THE GPS? Please see FAQ #3 and #4 at http://www.coursewalkapp.com/faqs.html . Please contact us directly if you still have issues.
- iPhone: CourseWalk is compatible with this device
- iPad + Wifi + 3G: CourseWalk is compatible with this device
- iPad + Wifi: This device does not have a GPS. An external GPS will need to be purchased to be able to record courses. BadElf GPS: http://bad-elf.com/products/gps/
- iPod: This device does not have a GPS. An external GPS will need to be purchased to be able to record courses. BadElf GPS: http://bad-elf.com/products/gps/
Improve your cross country riding with the Course Walk app. Designed specifically for Eventers by Eventers. This app is a useful tool for amateurs and professionals alike. Course Walk uses GPS technology to record and display your cross country course. This app will help you prepare for your course by:
• Recording the course track and distance in meters
• Identifying minute markers - NEVER wheel your course again and improve your ability to meet optimum time!
• Take photos of fences. Audio and video can also be added to fences
• Mark the location of compulsory flags
• Fence and photo galleries for easy viewing of the pictures
• Play function retraces the entire course, displaying the fences as you go
• Share your course on MyCourseWalk.Com
• Download courses from MyCourseWalk.Com onto your phone
• Event Organizers can print course maps off of MyCourseWalk.com
• Conveniently links to Eventing Dressage tests and Live Scoring
• Auto correction of minute marker position if optimal time is given
• Elevation profile displays the terrain along the course with minute markers and fences
• Uphill, flat, and downhill slopes can be shown in different colors on the map
• No cellphone reception or data connection required to record and view course walks
Organizer & Course Designer Features (MyCourseWalk.com):
• Print crosscountry and show jumping course maps for your shows
• Make last minute edits to the track and fence positions
• Add/Edit fence descriptions
• Add/Replace fence pictures
• Share course maps with your competitors
• Fence list with distances and time
Contact us if you have any suggestions on how to make the app better!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. GPS is only used during course recording.
- Audio and video can now be added to fences.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok but cumbersome
The app idea is great.
Relying on Google maps or satellite is problematic because the course and its environment change much faster than Google updates their imaging.
Also, downloading maps could be less cumbersome if you could ask for all maps from an event at the same time. Then you would be less likely to download Prelim from the Spring when you need the Fall map.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that the Google Maps sattelite background is not helpful. We also provide the Bing Maps sattelite background. We are not aware of any other sources with better imagery.
We will work on improving the search and download of courses by adding date ranges.
Thank you for your feedback.
Was not that intuitive but with a little hard work, it helped a lot.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry to hear that the app is difficult to use. Please let us know how we can improve through our customer support portal. We also have detailed guides on how to get started: https://www.coursewalkapp.com/guides.html#.W7iW-hNKjUI
Very helpful tool
I have used this app for a year now and it has been a great help. It was easy to use from day 1, I did a couple of "test" at home before using it for real. If you walk off the course, you can erase the last steps and record them again. Some times, the GPS acts up a little bit, specially under trees, but I have been told that the new version has improved GPS filters. Looking forward to use it and check it again. Also, they make upgrades available regularly, very nice technical service.
- The Finder Network, LLC
- 44.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011-2017 Finder Network, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.