Watch live TV and On Demand shows and movies on any device at home or on the go.
• Inside your home, watch live TV and On Demand content from all channels you are subscribed to.
• Outside the home, watch live TV and On Demand shows and movies by using the filter “Available out of home.”
• Customize the TV guide by filtering popular categories like Kids, Sports, and Movies.
• Watch rented and purchased movies in the ‘Purchased’ sub-folder inside the ‘Saved’ folder.
• Use ‘Parental Control’ in Settings to manage what your children can watch on mobile devices.
• Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connection
• Subscription to Cox Video service
• Cox username and password.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is mostly great when it’s working, which is about 70% of the time. My only complaint when it’s working fine would be that I wish I could rewind shows/movies or “play from beginning.” On the other hand, when it’s not working, it’s constantly crashing or telling me I’m not connected to WiFi. When it tells me I’m not connected, I do the usual sign out/sign back into WiFi, close app in background, restart iPad, and/or delete and redownload app. Nothing works. It tells me I can watch a few selected channels, but not all the channels I pay to watch. The funny part is, I am connected to WiFi because my iPad is WiFi only. And my WiFi is working perfectly fine because I can watch the list of allowed off WiFi channels. It makes no sense!! And talking to anyone at or related to Cox is pointless because they look into the problem and tell me, “everything is fine, I don’t know what’s wrong. It must be on your end somewhere or apples fault *shoulder shrug*.” I’m at my wits end, and don’t know what to do. I just want it to work.
Developer Response ,
We're sorry you’re having trouble with WiFi detection issues. Please call Customer Care at 800-234-3993, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or tweet us at @CoxHelp so we can try to troubleshoot your specific issue further.
Still subpar to Directv
This app has definitely improved from a year ago but I am still left disappointed that you can’t access your recorded shows. This is the main reason that I cannot wait to switch back to Directv because their app allows you to not only watch shows from the app but be able to search for your favorite shows and record them from the app itself. It also allows you to download all your recordings onto the app to watch when you’re not connected to WiFi. In regards to this, the Cox app just does not compare and as someone that is always on the go, the mobile app is a deal breaker for me. If Directv is capable to have all those features, there’s no reason Cox can’t make the effort to do the same.
Developer Response ,
We are planning to provide this feature in the near future!
For now, you can set DVR recordings from a separate app, the Cox Connect app (formerly known as "Cox Mobile Connect"). Cox Connect can also be used to do other things too like check your account balance, pay your bill, manage your home phone, listen to voicemail, and find both Cox Stores and our public Cable WiFi hotspots.
contour pwd lost on upgrade
I love Contour. i have become dependent on it or at least used to its convenience. I want to say that first because otherwise I wouldn’t be appreciative to the developers. And I wouldn’t take the time to review it.
My recent upgrade to Iphone XS however caused me to need to re-enter my pwd. Now you may be saying to yourself ... yeah duh. but I backed up everything to my itunes and restored all the apps and data from my 7plus to this iphone. For some apps I lost my pwd and others I didn’t. God bless those developers who retained it and for those who did not... please mote this experience....
If I now reset my pwd I have to resign in with the new pwd on all my devices... the old contour pwd is stored on those others but removed on my iphone Xs now. I saved my conour pwd to a post it note but when I try the pwd it rejects and wants me to reset. I guess I have to bite the bullet and do the reset but sigh... Wife’s phone is gonna reset... kids... computers... all because cox doesnt back up my pwd....
which brings me back to the start... if I didn’t like the app I wouldn’t bother... but I do and it’s gonna cost me ...
- Cox Communications, Inc.
- 154.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © Cox Communications, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.