Cox Contour for iPad
By Cox Communications, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the Contour App from Cox, you can watch live TV and On Demand shows on your iPad anywhere in your house. It also offers access to mobile apps from popular TV networks to watch anywhere:
• Choose from over 100 popular TV channels plus thousands of On Demand choices to watch anywhere in your house
• Access TV network apps and watch anywhere
• Includes personal show recommendations for up to 7 users
• Remotely schedule recordings on your DVR
• Share what you watch with your Facebook friends
• Easily view and sort TV listings for all channels
• Closed Captioning, Helpful FAQs and trouble shooting steps
• Yours to enjoy for free as a bundle subscriber to Cox TV Essential, Advanced TV, or Contour TV service and Cox Essential, Preferred, Premier or Ultimate Internet service.
• A current Cox User ID and Password for the Primary account holder on your account is needed to sign in to the Contour app. If the Primary account holder does not have a current Cox ID and Password please visit Cox.com/register to sign up. You will need either your Cox account number or the address and phone number on your account, in addition to your Cox PIN/Last 4 Digits of the Primary account holder’s SSN to complete the registration process. If the Primary account holder already has a Cox ID, but needs to reset their Password please visit Cox.com/password
• IOS6 and above. If you have an iPad 1, please download the separate Cox TV Connect for iPad app for live TV access in home.
• Bundle customers with Cox TV Essential, Advanced TV, or Contour TV and Cox Essential, Preferred, Premier, or Ultimate Internet service
The Contour App is a revolutionary new app with personalized entertainment options that are just a swipe away. The Contour App allows customers to watch a selection of TV channels and On Demand shows live on an iPad, anywhere in their home. It also includes anywhere access to the TV network mobile apps offered with your Cox TV service. View TV listings for all channels inside and outside the home and set personal watchlists. Not all channels available on the TV are available to view on the iPad at this time.
Want to manage your Home Phone calls and Voice Mail, or get helpful tips about your Cox services? Check out Cox Mobile Connect, available for iPad, iPhone and iTouch in the App store!
What's New in Version 1.5.0
- UI Improvements
- Bug fixes
Having just come from an Xfinity service area, I can just say Cox users don't know what they're missing. The level of Contour functionality is minimal and even the premium channel apps that they have incorporated into the Contour user interface don't work properly. Only a smattering of live channels are available in Contour. You can't watch any of you recorded shows. The tv remote interface makes navigation difficult. Even the search function doesn't work properly. All this mess for a premium price. I feel so ripped off. Worse, I have no choice. Perfect example of monopoly power at work--minimal investment in technology and milk the customer for all he's worth.
I've downloaded a lot of useless junk from the App Store but this one takes the cake. I pay for this premium service that has a "killer app" and after I finally get signed in I find there is nothing there!
You open the app and it looks nothing like your cable interface and then after hours of searching I have figured out there is nothing of use to be found on the app. Utter disappointment.
Make it an active interface with my set top box so I don't have to interrupt the show I'm watching to look for other shows or on demand materials. Give me something...
Very Slick App!
After reading the other reviews, I expected Contour to be a complete dud. To the contrary, it works flawlessly. I have a brand-new iPad Air 2 so I'm guessing the problems reported by other users are due to memory issues or processor shortcomings. Contour is an extremely well-designed and useful app, and I am really enjoying using it.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 16, 2014
- Version: 1.5.0
- Size: 21.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cox Communications, Inc.
- © Cox Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.