The free app provides access to the following:
• CPT Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes
• E/M Code Selection Wizard powered by AMA, CMS '95, and CMS '97 guidelines
E/M codes are the most frequently used codes and arguably the most difficult to assign. The E/M Wizard will help physicians and qualified health care professionals select the right code according to AMA and CMS coding guidelines.
Two premium products are available for purchase and offer great benefit to coders, billers, payers, educators and students, and health care consultants.
Coding and Billing Pack
• The entire CPT code set for 2019
• A Medicare Physician Fee Schedule calculator that can be set to your specific geographic region
• 4,200 clinical examples/vignettes
• 200+ full-color, AMA-created procedural illustrations
• Official coding guidelines from the CPT Editorial Panel
CPT Assistant Archive
• An archive of all CPT® Assistant newsletter articles published from 1990 through 2018
• Links from CPT codes to the most relevant CPT Assistant articles
The CPT QuickRef app and its premium products put all the coding and billing tools that you need in the palm of your hand. Developed by the American Medical Association, this on-the-go reference guide quickly helps you determine the appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes to use for accurate billing. (This app provides suggested codes. Final code selection remains the responsibility of the individual user.)
- Fixes a crash for iOS 11 users
New in 4.0.0:
- Updated interface for ease of use
- E/M Wizard Tool is now available directly from the home screen
- Many under-the-hood improvements for stability and performance
Ratings and Reviews
I paid for the codes and now I am locked out with a demand for higher fees to access 2019 - and they want another $40 just to continue to access 2018 codes that I had already purchased! Don’t buy it!
What a ripoff!
Recently downloaded this app and loved it so much I paid for the additional upgrade. Less than a week later the app was updated and the package I paid for is now broken down into 2 packages one being $60 the other $40. The extras I previously paid for are gone and the only way to get it back is to pay up again. For me it's no longer worth it...
This app is listed as free in the App Store, and sure, you can download it for free. But you can’t actually access ANYTHING useful in the app without paying! You can see the introduction section and that’s it. Nothing else. You can’t search for codes or browse the sections or anything! Very misleading. If you’re gonna force us to pay to use the app at all, just have it listed for that price in the App Store! This is shady and manipulative.
- American Medical Association
- 14 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © CPT® 2018 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
- In-App Purchases
- CPT E/M Premium Pack $9.99
- CPT E/M All Content 2017 Free
- Coding and Billing Pack 2017 $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.