The free app provides access to the following:
• CPT Evaluation and Management (E/M) codes
• E/M Code Selection Wizard powered by AMA, CMS '95, and CMS '97 guidelines
E/M codes are the most frequently used codes and arguably the most difficult to assign. The E/M Wizard will help physicians and qualified health care professionals select the right code according to AMA and CMS coding guidelines.
Two premium products are available for purchase and offer great benefit to coders, billers, payers, educators and students, and health care consultants.
Coding and Billing Pack
• The entire CPT code set for 2017 and 2018
• A Medicare Physician Fee Schedule calculator that can be set to your specific geographic region
• 4,200 clinical examples/vignettes
• 200+ full-color, AMA-created procedural illustrations
• Official coding guidelines from the CPT Editorial Panel
CPT Assistant Archive
• An archive of all CPT® Assistant newsletter articles published from 1990 through 2017
• Links from CPT codes to the most relevant CPT Assistant articles
The CPT QuickRef app and its premium products put all the coding and billing tools that you need in the palm of your hand. Developed by the American Medical Association, this on-the-go reference guide quickly helps you determine the appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) codes to use for accurate billing. (This app provides suggested codes. Final code selection remains the responsibility of the individual user.)
AMA Members receive special discounts; tap the “Login for AMA Member discounts” item on the app’s dashboard.
• Premium products
- A new Coding and Billing Pack that provides access to the 2017 and 2018 code sets as well as full-color procedural illustrations
- A new CPT Assistant Archive that provides access to all articles written in 1990 through 2017
- Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Agreed, don’t buy
This app contained absolutely non of the advertised data for my entire specialty. It is a great idea, but is so far away from being a final product. Also, agreed - their customer service lacks the service component.
QR scanning for advanced app doesn’t work
I spent a lot of extra money to get the E version and hardcover with the extended app period every time I go to use the QR the app it immediately shuts down. I am convinced we wasted our money
As you would expect from AMA
This app is a total waste of memory on my device. There are numerous free apps that work much better. Stay away
- American Medical Association
- 32.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © CPT® 2016 American Medical Association. All rights reserved. CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
- In-App Purchases
- CPT E/M Premium Pack $9.99
- CPT E/M All Content 2017 Free
- Coding and Billing Pack 2017 $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.