Crackle - Movies & TV
By Sony Pictures Television
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch Movies & TV Shows for free on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad!
Millions of fans enjoy this award-winning free app. Crackle provides great new movies & TV episodes every month. No signup, no fees, just hit Movies & TV Shows such as Pineapple Express & Seinfeld available for free – whenever, wherever. Download Crackle to start watching free movies and TV shows now.
Current & Recent Content
*** MOVIES ***
Hundreds of hit Hollywood films such as: Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, Drive, Resident Evil: Afterlife, Talladega Nights, Bad Boys, Men in Black, The Chronicles of Riddick, You Don’t Mess with the Zohan, Baby Boy and more.
*** TV SHOWS ***
Thousands of full episodes from TV series including: Seinfeld, The Shield, Damages, Blue Mountain State, The Jackie Chan Adventures, Spider-Man and many more.
*** ANIME ***
Home to the world’s best Anime. Great movies and TV episodes including Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), Marvel Anime: IronMan, Blue Exorcist, Queen's Blade and more.
*** CRACKLE ORIGINALS ***
New movies and TV series created by Crackle such as Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Chosen, Extraction, Cleaners, Sequestered, Sports Jeopardy! and more.
*** FEATURES ***
- Watch full length and uncut Hollywood movies and TV series.
- FREE to download app, FREE to play.
- New movies and TV episodes added monthly.
- Build and manage your Watchlist for viewing later on the app or online at Crackle.com.
- Wi-Fi-only option allows you to watch shows without using your data plan.
- Watch Crackle on your Apple TV with Airplay.
- App works in US, Canada, Australia, Brazil and Latin America.
- Data charges may apply (unlimited data plan recommended).
*** FAQ ***
Thanks for everyone’s feedback and reviews. We are listening and always improving the service.
* Movies and television shows updated monthly; titles subject to change. Current content list is available on the app or at www.Crackle.com.
* For best results, update your device to the newest operating system.
* Yes, the app is FREE. Crackle is ad supported allowing us to provide high quality movies and TV series to you for free. Your carrier may charge data fees, so an unlimited data plan and/or viewing over Wi-Fi is recommended.
* To use this app, you must be in US, Canada, Australia, Brazil or Latin America.
*** AWARDS & HONORS ***
- 2013 & 2014 Emmy Award® nomination for Original Series: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.
- Mobile Excellence Award Finalist: 2012.
- Recently ranked #1 Entertainment App and #2 Overall App.
- Best of the iPhone Entertainment category in App Store Rewind.
*** ABOUT CRACKLE ***
Say hello to Crackle, a new kind of network for a new kind of viewer. We handpick the best, most compelling selection of full-length Hollywood movies, TV shows and Original Series and Features for you to enjoy wherever, whenever you want. No hassles, no subscriptions, no commitment required. Ever. Crackle. It’s On.
Visit Crackle at www.crackle.com. You can also find Crackle on Facebook at www.facebook.com/crackle or follow Crackle on Twitter @Crackle for real time updates.
Please note: This app features Nielsen's audience measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, such as Nielsen's TV Ratings.
To Learn more about our digital audience measurement products and your choices in regard to them, please visit http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
What's New in Version 4.5
On the plus side- there are a few series that are "new" to us, and a decent selection of movies. Crackle even has some original programming.
Now, for the negatives- when binging, it would be nice to be able to flow right into the next episode (like Netflix) but the viewer has to exit out of the show's description screen, choose it again in the TV shows menu, then scroll through to figure out which episode was the last one viewed. That's entirely too tedious for such a forward-thinking company.
I'm not sure if this glitch happens to everyone, but if I pause a program for a few minutes, returning to it is problematic. Either A. I have to exit from the app completely then when I start again the show starts at the very beginning, B. Crackle won't reconnect, or C. the app "times out" and we just give up and watch something else.
Also, it would be very helpful to have a 30-second FF and REW option while viewing. C'mon, Crackle, even basic cable offers that feature.
Commercials. Okay, fine, show them. We get it. But could you, please, for the love of Pete, show more than 5 commercials? At least rotate them around more.
Awful UI - search is now broken
Search is broken in this version. It always returns a blank screen--unless you use punctuation, and then you get a fun Cocoa error.
Want to watch a show? Type in a Search for it, find it in the results, and then you get a list of episode names. Choose a name and THEN you get a synopsis to find out which episode it actually is. If it's not the one you're looking for... Too bad. You have to start over from SCRATCH because there's no "Back"! Type the search all over again, lather, rinse, repeat.
Meanwhile, it offers to "resume" a list of everything you have already completed. Yet it can't keep track of which episode is next. Go figure.
Great idea - Search / functionality not so much
Not sure why there's no search function -- if I want to search for Larry Sanders (Apple TV) there's no way of typing in his name.
On the iPad - when you do find your show and look at the episodes, once you click an episode to learn more about it - You can't go back to the episode list. It takes you back to the broader show search and you have to start again. Shows are hidden and hard to find (like Larry sanders).
Also why are only the first three seasons of Larry sanders available?
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 29, 2015
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Sony Pictures Television
- © 2011-2014 Crackle, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.