Crackle - Movies & TV
By Crackle, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch Movies & TV Shows for free on your iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad!
More than 20 million fans enjoy this award-winning FREE app. Crackle provides great new content every month. No signup, no fees, just hit Movies & TV Shows such as Seinfeld & Pineapple Express available for FREE – whenever, wherever. Download Crackle to start viewing now.
*** AWARDS & HONORS ***
- 2013 Emmy Award® nomination for Original Series: Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
- Mobile Excellence Award Finalist: 2012
- Recently ranked #1 Entertainment App and #2 Overall App
- Best of the iPhone Entertainment category in App Store Rewind
Current & Recent Content
*** MOVIES ***
Hundreds of hit films including Step Brothers, Pineapple Express, Bad Boys, Men in Black, Joe Dirt, Mr. Deeds, Cruel Intentions, Resident Evil, Punisher: War Zone, S.W.A.T., Snatch, Baby Boy and more: all full length, uncut and FREE.
*** TV SHOWS ***
Thousands of full episodes from television series such as: Seinfeld, The Shield, Rescue Me, Damages, Blue Mountain State, The Jackie Chan Adventures, Sanford and Son, The Three Stooges, Spider-Man and many more.
*** ANIME ***
Home to the world’s best Anime. Great movies, 40+ series and 1,000+ episodes including Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X), Fate/Zero and Magi.
*** CRACKLE ORIGINALS ***
New movies and series created by Crackle such as Jerry Seinfeld’s Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Chosen, Extraction, Cleaners and more.
*** FEATURES ***
- Watch full Hollywood movies and TV series
- FREE to download app, FREE to play
- Unlimited, on-demand viewing
- New movies and TV episodes added monthly
- Browse Movies, Shows, Watchlists, Most Popular or Genres: action, anime, comedy, crime, horror, music, thriller and sci-fi
- Optimized for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad Mini and iPad
- Build and manage your Watchlist for viewing on the app or online at Crackle.com
- Stream HQ video via 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi
- New Wi-Fi-only option allows you to view content without using data
- Watch Crackle on your Apple TV with Airplay
- App works in US, Canada, UK, Australia, Brazil and Latin America
Interested in a film or television show but don’t have the time to watch? With Crackle, you can create your own Watchlist with your favorite Hollywood hits – then enjoy unlimited, on-demand viewing whenever you want. Plus, check out Crackle’s own Watchlists, hand-picked by celebrities & critics.
“Crackle… gives you free movies to watch, great TV shows to remember and works for both iPhone and iPad.” – Casey Chan, Gizmodo
“…for free…That’s right. Unlike Hulu Plus, you don’t need to sign up and pay a fee to watch…” – Damien Scott, Complex Magazine
“Sony has a real gem on their hands with this app…” – Jake Gaecke, Appletell
Data charges may apply (unlimited data plan recommended).
*** FAQ ***
Thanks for everyone’s feedback and reviews. We are listening and always improving the service.
* Movies and television shows updated monthly; titles subject to change. Current content list is available on the app or at www.Crackle.com.
* For best results, update your device to the newest operating system.
* Yes, the app is FREE. To cover our costs we include occasional video ads. Your carrier may charge data fees, so an unlimited data plan and/or viewing over Wi-Fi is recommended.
* To use this app, you must be in US, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Brazil or Latin America.
*** ABOUT CRACKLE ***
Crackle is one of the fastest growing digital entertainment networks, offering quality movies and TV series from Columbia Pictures, Tri-Star, Screen Gems, Sony Pictures Classics and more. Crackle is available via web, mobile, gaming systems and set-top boxes. For more information, visit www.Crackle.com. Crackle is a division of Sony Pictures Entertainment.
What's New in Version 4.0
· iOS 7 compatible
· Save on data with Wi-Fi only option
· Receive notifications when My Watchlist items are expiring
· Bug fixes and various improvements
· Crackle Original features and series including Extraction and Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee starring Jerry Seinfeld
· Dozens of new movies including: Men in Black and You Don’t Mess With the Zohan
· TV series including Damages, The Shield, and Blue Mountain State
Good but could become better
It's a good app and all but it could be better. You should add a search feature that way someone can look for a specific movie or show. Also, you should add more movies and tv shows. Also, with the anime shows and movies you should add the same shows and movies if not more but in english dub, or in english, and not just in japanese with english sub titles. Because people who are like me hate watching anime shows and movies in japanese, so we prefer to watch them in english so we can actually understand them. Finally, you should upgrade this app so it does not require internet/wifi. There are some of us, like me, who do not have an iPhone or a smart phone so we use our iPods if we have one. Also, some of us do not have internet/wifi installed into our iPods. So if we are on a road trip and we want to watch a movie or one of our shows we don't have to have internet/wifi just to watch them. We could watch them in the car (providing were not driving).
Too many ads
Okay, I totally understand that Crackle has sponsors and must advertise them, but I find the excessive commercial breaks every 5 minutes incredibly annoying. Not only are the advertisements frequent throughout the film, but the same commercial will be played 2-3 times back to back before the film resumes. Anyone who has ever watched TV would know that commercials are played in a particular time span in between a movie or show. However, with Crackle, the film is played for a VERY short while before the ads pop up again and repeat themselves. Even when I briefly leave the app to check a text, for instance, when I revisit the app and press "resume" I am automatically forced to watch another repetitive commercial sequence. Maybe just playing the ads before the film begins, and after it ends would be ideal. Over playing the same ads over and over again too often definitely takes away from the film and unfortunately causes the viewer to lose interest. Perhaps the ad sequences should be re-evaluated.
I can see how it's supposed to work.
Little issues are huge problems; on my iPhone, if I should happen to touch my screen during a commercial, there's only one way to get back to the show...shut the phone off and restart. Ridiculous ! Otherwise, I'm redirected to the ad website and there's no way out. Stuck like chuck. Secondly, when I watch 'other' shows, videos, etc. on my iPhone, I can either view it on my phone, or plug my iPhone into a real tv. That will not work on Crackle. And while watching crackle, the screen cannot zoom, or otherwise increase in size, i.e,; improve the view-ability of the show. Again, stuck like chuck. So, in other words, whatever you watch on Crackle, cannot be enjoyed by anyone else, just you. Of course, unless everyone puts their heads real close so everyone can see. Seems like a huge waste.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 16, 2013
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Crackle Inc
- © 2011 Crackle, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.