Crackle - Movies & TV
By Sony Pictures Television
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Watch free movies and TV on your iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
Crackle is the destination to watch Hollywood movies, hit TV shows and exclusive Crackle Originals. Always free. On all devices. So escape the daily grind and recharge with great comedy, drama and action entertainment.
- Stream premium shows and movies with a library full of all-star hits… completely free.
- Watch Crackle’s fresh and unique Original programming, including buzzworthy TV shows and movies such as Snatch, StartUp, SuperMansion, Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, Joe Dirt 2: Beautiful Loser, and more. Stars include: Jerry Seinfeld, Rupert Grint, Martin Freeman, Charlie Sheen, Kate Bosworth and more.
- Search our genre categories including comedy, drama, action, fandom and icon to find awesome hits and forgotten favorites.
- Browse our Spotlight Channel with ‘What’s On Now’ and our top recommendations handpicked by our team at Sony Pictures Studio in Hollywood.
- No cable subscription (or money) needed, ever.
- Create a free account to save your place and pick up where you left off on any device.
- Save your favorite movies and TV shows on your Watch Later list.
- Log-in for free to pause in the middle of watching and pick up right where you left off, even if you switch devices.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software, which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy** for more information.
**The link doesn¹t allow the user to opt-out, it just provides the information about the policy.
What's New in Version 5.5
Thanks for watching Crackle. We’ve squashed bugs and improved playback stability so you can continue to enjoy Crackle hassle-free.
Unusable subtitle function after ads freeze film
I need subtitles to understand the films due to hearing loss. However, when I turn on the subtitles and watch the film, I tend to always get stuck at the last frame of the movie prior to the ad interruption. The ad doesn't play, but the countdown of the ad shows and works in the bottom left. But the screen freezes on the last frame of the movie as it is going into ad mode. I reset the iPhone and I reset the app, I cleared my cache and RAM and all, still can't get the subtitles to resume working again after these little freezes. The movie will resume playing but the subtitles lose their track and won't come back on after the ad frame freeze. It's sad because they have great movies but what use are the movies or the app if I can't even get the subtitles to stay functional?
I downloaded this app, despite all the awful reviews, and I sure am glad that I did! Idk what all those reviewers were complaining about. The commercials are shorter than network television and seem diverse. I have never seen the same one more than once during a break. It saves where I am during the episodes and hasn't frozen or crashed once. Those people are crazy, this app is fantastic to me. I love having another option when I am streaming and it's FREE!
Same ad 3 times in a row during one break
I'm not opposed to watching ads on a free service, and I realize that most streaming services show the same ads every commercial break but Crackle takes the cake. You see the same ad for one of their lame original tv shows at least 2 times in a row every break. I just saw that "Startup" ad 3 times in a row and had to stop using the app at that point. I was really excited to watch some Newsradio episodes but couldn't make it past episode 6 because of the ads. What good does showing me the same ad back to back do? I feel like they are throwing money away by not diversifying their ads better.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 30, 2017
- Version: 5.5
- Size: 50.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Sony Pictures Television
- © 2011-2016 Crackle, Inc., a Sony Pictures Entertainment company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes