By Spytap Industries LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**As featured in Fortune magazine, NPR, Fast Company, Wired, Parade, Cool Material, Paste, Stupid Dope, Hi Consumption, The Drink Nation, and hundreds of beer blogs!**
Genuine craft beer is hard to find. You might not know it, but most of the “craft” and “micro” breweries you see at your local grocery store are actually made by the same assembly line multinational beverage conglomerates you see advertised nationwide. So to help you distinguish the real craft breweries from the macrobrewed impostors, we made Craft Check.
Just scan the barcode or search by brewery name to instantly find out whether the beer you're looking at is an authentic craft brewery or just a crafty imitation from the big guys.
* Uses the Brewers Association definition of American Craft Brewery.
* Information on thousands of craft breweries, with new breweries added every week.
* Background updates ensure the app is always up to date for new breweries, buyouts, and changes in the beverage industry.
* Find out who owns that beer you used to think was a genuine craft beer.
* Share your results on social media and connect with genuine craft breweries.
Craft Check: Drink Craft - Not Crafty.
What's New in Version 2.1.0
* By user request, added a button to let users manually trigger the flash to improve barcode scanning in dark or low-light scenarios.
* As this flash button was a feature we’d previously removed, really tried to fit in a “Dark Night Returns” joke, but it just wasn’t happening today. Maybe next time.
* Fixed a bug that caused some users with iPhone 4S models to experience application crashes when they attempted to scan a barcode. Or just open the scan screen. Or click a button. We decided this was ultimately a suboptimal user experience, so we removed the “Instacrash on 4S” feature and replaced it with “Read The Documentation" and "Now It Doesn’t Crash on 4S Anymore” features.
* Read the documentation.
This app does exactly what I was looking for. It's easy to use, and the information seems up to date.