By Sympoz Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Unleash your creativity with Craftsy! Find out how to bring ideas to life and create projects that make you proud. Craftsy has more than 500 online classes in photography, cake decorating, cooking, painting, drawing, quilting, knitting, sewing, embroidery, jewelry making and beyond, so you can gain the skills you need to succeed.
Discover the joys of Craftsy classes:
Yours forever: Class access that never expires, so you can customize your learning experience by pausing, rewinding and revisiting techniques as often as you'd like.
Access Anytime, Anywhere: Classes are now available for download offline so you truly can watch your favorite classes and instructors anytime, anywhere.
The best instructors: Enjoy exclusive one-on-one access to the world's leading experts, right in your home. Get instruction, answers, feedback and inspiration anytime.
Everything you want to know: High-definition video provides an unparalleled view at every step and each lesson is carefully designed, planned and curated to highlight the most valuable information.
Do you have an idea that would make this app even better? Share it with us, we listen! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.7.2
Minor bug fixes. Improved stability of user projects.
Awesome classes, great app!
Craftsy is an awesome platform for presenting classes. I probably have 30 classes, mostly quilting and sewing, but also a few others and lots of free classes. The classes are better than any I have taken in person since I am able to see up close and can replay and ask questions. Plus I like hearing instructions instead of reading them. All of the teachers are wonderful and seem truly interested and sincere in presenting their classes. The absolute best feature is the ability to download classes. Because of this I can watch classes when away from wifi. It means I look forward to car and airplane trips, waiting for appointments and best of all walking on the treadmill at the gym. There are days I don't want to stop walking because I want to finish a class! Five stars are not nearly enough for the Craftsy platform.
Extremely good resource, IMHO
I've used this app to take a beginning sewing class, and have spent quite a bit of time using it. I like a couple of features especially:
• 30 second review allows the user to back up the video playback, and then that 30-second bit keeps repeating until it's told to just go on––very useful during places where it's hard to understand what's being taught.
• speed variations––this allows the user to go from normal playback speed to 1.5x, 2x, 0.5x, or even 0.25x. When the instructor is showing something with her hands I've used the ultra-slow speed to give myself time to let it sink into my brain.
Other than that, the visual clarity is fine, and the sound quality is fine, … and there are probably hundreds of courses, some of them free. Check it out.
Craftsy offers so many categories of classes everyone can find their own interest! I love to knit and have learned new techniques and perfected others in the Craftsy classes. I otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity to learn what I've learned. I'm learning to quilt and Craftsy has been my teacher again! I love that I can pick up where I left off at any time, can replay a section over and over until I get it, can ask the teachers questions and get quick answers, write notes in the platform, get feedback from other students. The quality of the videos is great and the teachers I've had are great at explaining and showing you just how to do that craft. Technical help is quick, Craftsy store is loaded with quality materials and great bargain sales. I love, love Craftsy!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 06, 2015
- Version: 2.7.2
- Size: 12.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Sympoz Inc.
- © Sympoz Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Knit Lab: Projects, Patterns & Techniques$29.99
- Beginner Serger Sewing$49.99
- Basics of Digital Photography$59.99
- Crochet Lab: Basic Techniques & Patterns$24.99
- Knit Faster With Continental Knitting$29.99
- 40 Techniques Every Sewer Should Know$34.99
- Crochet: Basics & Beyond$34.99
- The Wilton Method®: Baking Basics$24.99
- Quilting Quickly: Patterns, Techniques & Tips$29.99
- The Perfect Cupcake$39.99