Daily, an app for Craigslist (Free Version)
By Lifelike Apps, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Officially licensed Craigslist app**
Daily, Universal Free Edition: Bring Craigslist to your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with this one great app!
***** 5/5 - MACLIFE compares various Craigslist apps and concludes "This one is no contest. Not even close. Craigslist by Lifelike Apps blows the competition out of the water with a low cost, universal app that is just drop dead gorgeous and easy to use, with features we love and an implementation second to none. We adore the app's retro throwback design plus the ability to cross things off and circle ads we like..."
***** 5/5 - MakeUseOf.com compares several Craigslist apps and declares "Craigslist by Lifelike Apps is hands-down the best looking of the bunch, its iBooks-esque approach and newspaper design is eye catching and pleasant to read."
Craigslist turns your device into a realistic newspaper classifieds section: It combines the enjoyable experience of reading a real newspaper with the convenience of your device's menus, filters, personalization, etc. The screenshots below speak for themselves.
- Works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- Automatically sync your favourites and saved searches between devices using iCloud
- Post to Craigslist directly from the app
- Use your iPhone or iPad 2 camera to add photos to your postings or add photos from your photo library
- Manage your Craigslist ads - Even use multiple Craigslist accounts
BEAUTIFUL AND FUN TO USE:
- Realistic newspaper rendition of Craigslist's full content
- The new iPhone user interface takes advantage of the iPhone 4 Retina display
- Looks great in both landscape and portrait modes
- Smart display feature reformats listings to be more readable and consistent looking
SMART LOCATION FEATURE:
- It locates you automatically and displays all the Craigslist categories available for your location.
- You can also set your location manually as well as view and save other Craigslist locations.
SMART SEARCH AND FILTERING:
- Save your frequent searches and recall them with one tap
- Search multiple location at once
EASY-TO-USE FAVORITES FEATURE:
- Easily add any listing to your favorites by just circling an ad with your finger
- View all your favorites at any time
HANDY TOOLS & MULTI-TOUCH GESTURES:
- Cross-off unwanted ads with a Z finger gesture
- View the location of any posting on a map
- Easily reply to any Craigslist ad without leaving the app
- Forward interesting ads to your friends
- Tap any image in a listing to view all the listing's images in gallery view
- Pinch-and-zoom interface to zoom listing details in and out
Get this Free version now. If you want Unlimited favorites, unlimited saved searches and no ads, get the paid version for ONLY $0.99!
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU:
- We've already added ALL the features you requested to date in this latest version. Have more ideas on how to make this app even better? Please email us using the contact email.
What's New in Version 18.104.22.168
* Resolved a number of critical crashes and freezes
* Fixed the intermittent 'Category is empty' issue
* Optimized Favorites list viewing performance
* Improved the 'Clear All Favorites' option to work with a huge number of ads
* Improved the stability of iCloud sync
* Fixed the sorting by newest in the Listing view
* Numerous functionality and cosmetic improvements
Can't search categories.
You can't search categories. Craig's List classifies things into categories such as, "Collectibles","Cars and Trucks" and "Household."
But the stupid search on this stupid app jumbles them all together. That's just stupid!
For example, let's say you only want to look for Jeep merchandise but not the actual vehicle. (Jeep has put their brand on baby strollers, watches, t-shirts and many other things.) with this stupid app, you will have to scroll through every mention of the word, "Jeep" in every category. You can't just search the,"Collectables" or "household" categories. It searches everywhere. You will have to wade through thousands of vehicles. Everything is dumped together. It defeats the entire purpose of having classified ads. Why would someone make an app like this? It's just stupid, useless and frustrating.
Do NOT buy this app
This is the first review I have ever written for anything. If you want to use Craigslist, do not buy this app. It seemed helpful at first. But after several weeks of using it only to look for items to purchase, my IP address was automatically blocked by craigslist. I am no longer able to search Craigslist in my own home (pending an email to Craigslist for reinstatement), presumably because of something this app is doing. I know that I did not personally violate any terms of service.
I purchased the app because it claimed to officially licensed and it was easy to use. I guess I should have asked by whom it was "officially licensed."
Do NOT use this app.
Great for searching
It does what it's meant to do- it helps you find stuff you want and get rid of stuff you don't.
I've not had any problems with it that weren't people related. I had some difficulty initially with posting pictures. It's annoying when dealers post as owners. Other than that- be careful.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 16, 2015
- Version: 22.214.171.124
- Size: 37.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Lifelike Apps, Inc
- © Lifelike Apps, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.