DAILY for Craigslist (Free Version)
By Lifelike Apps, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Officially licensed Craigslist app**
Daily, Universal Free Edition: Bring Craigslist to your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with this one great app!
***** 5/5 - MACLIFE compares various Craigslist apps and concludes "This one is no contest. Not even close. Craigslist by Lifelike Apps blows the competition out of the water with a low cost, universal app that is just drop dead gorgeous and easy to use, with features we love and an implementation second to none. We adore the app's retro throwback design plus the ability to cross things off and circle ads we like..."
***** 5/5 - MakeUseOf.com compares several Craigslist apps and declares "Craigslist by Lifelike Apps is hands-down the best looking of the bunch, its iBooks-esque approach and newspaper design is eye catching and pleasant to read."
Craigslist turns your device into a realistic newspaper classifieds section: It combines the enjoyable experience of reading a real newspaper with the convenience of your device's menus, filters, personalization, etc. The screenshots below speak for themselves.
- Works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- Automatically sync your favourites and saved searches between devices using iCloud
- Post to Craigslist directly from the app
- Use your iPhone or iPad 2 camera to add photos to your postings or add photos from your photo library
- Manage your Craigslist ads - Even use multiple Craigslist accounts
BEAUTIFUL AND FUN TO USE:
- Realistic newspaper rendition of Craigslist's full content
- The new iPhone user interface takes advantage of the iPhone 4 Retina display
- Looks great in both landscape and portrait modes
- Smart display feature reformats listings to be more readable and consistent looking
SMART LOCATION FEATURE:
- It locates you automatically and displays all the Craigslist categories available for your location.
- You can also set your location manually as well as view and save other Craigslist locations.
SMART SEARCH AND FILTERING:
- Save your frequent searches and recall them with one tap
- Search multiple location at once
EASY-TO-USE FAVORITES FEATURE:
- Easily add any listing to your favorites by just circling an ad with your finger
- View all your favorites at any time
HANDY TOOLS & MULTI-TOUCH GESTURES:
- Cross-off unwanted ads with a Z finger gesture
- View the location of any posting on a map
- Easily reply to any Craigslist ad without leaving the app
- Forward interesting ads to your friends
- Tap any image in a listing to view all the listing's images in gallery view
- Pinch-and-zoom interface to zoom listing details in and out
Get this Free version now. If you want Unlimited favorites, unlimited saved searches and no ads, get the paid version for ONLY $0.99!
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU:
- We've already added ALL the features you requested to date in this latest version. Have more ideas on how to make this app even better? Please email us using the contact email.
What's New in Version 184.108.40.206
* Notifications feature improved
* Ability to hide and expand ad sections in the list view
* Added a plain circle activity indicator, as an alternative to the peace sign
* Fonts icon removed, enabled system wide Dynamic Type (font size is adjusted from device settings now)
* In iPad version you can now enable showing the list of saved searches directly on the home screen
* 'Make' filter in cars and trucks category improved
* Sign out option added
* Sign in using TouchID authentication
* Numerous stability and cosmetic improvements
Just an all around bad app.
First things first, the interface is horrible, it feels clumsy nothing feels fluid like a program should and to add on to that it looks ugly. Craigslist website is the bare minimum and it looks better than this. The number one most frustrating thing? Saved searches are worthless, it should be one of the most important features in this app and I can't even use it. It's annoying getting notifications that say "45 new posts" then go in the app and now it says that there are no matches? I have to manually reinsert all the searches and filters to find any matches. Fix this bug!!
Not perfect, but better than website!
I have really appreciated using this app. Particularly on the iPad where images load several-at-a-time (a dozen?), and you can browse quite a few listings at a glance.
It is also great when you want to search more than one region at the same time. Again, this is better than the website.
I am perfectly happy with it. Thanks for creating this app!
Solution: Blocked IPs
Basically to Craigslist when you run a multi city search or queue multiple alerts it looks like a scaper bot that's scraping the site with multiple requests at one time.
Craigslist IP blocks typically last 24 hours but can sometimes last up to one week. If you're on a wireless connection try turning off your modem for 10 minutes and then turn it back on. Usually your service provider will issue you a new IP. Switching off wireless and going off cellular data can work as well.
I would highly recommend trying Qwilo, another officially licensed Craigslist app. (Full disclosure, I beta tested for Qwilo before they first released.)
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 09, 2015
- Version: 220.127.116.11
- Size: 38.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Lifelike Apps, Inc
- © Lifelike Apps, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.